Microsoft vision for Xbox future on 15th February on the official Xbox podcast at 12pm PT. 3PM ET. 8pm GMT

Will Microsoft go full 3rd party and drop console hardware going forward?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
These memes are killing me :laff:

E0Tk13c.jpg

Daps
Going PC hurts Sony more than it does Microsoft though.

Microsoft = third in sales, has a seeming plan to focus gaming everywhere and to grow Xcloud and streaming that may forestall needing to produce a console someday.

Sony = second in sales, their bread and butter is SIE ever since their ability to make decent technology outside of PlayStation fell off.

Sony needs their console to be successful more than Microsoft does. In the '90s, Sony was all good because they were selling Walkmans and Discmans and TVs for profit along with PlayStation. They had the cash to buy an American movie studio for well over value only a few years after they bought CBS Records. Now we're asking if that Bungie purchase was too much money for them.
Makes sense......also explains the issue M$ has.

They don't need Xbox to be a success yet they have a bottomless well of cash. The sense of urgency and the environment for organic idea-generation isn't there. A breh making $150k in LA is going to be more pressed than a breh making $1.5M living in Laredo.

M$ has the money but they've proven that money-whipping isn't enough to win the console war.

I do wonder if the COVID situation fukked up both consoles. Own both and love them but it feels like the shortages for all those months reduced the number of potential buyers. People with $$$$ give no fukks but the discount gamer might have decided to spend that money elsewhere.

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I’m not sure it’ll be live. They’ll probably just upload it