Microsoft says all their first party games for Series X will also be on Xbox One.

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You Are the Future of Gaming - Xbox Wire
Xbox Game Studios titles we release in the next couple of years—like Halo Infinite—will be available and play great on Xbox Series X and Xbox One. We won’t force you to upgrade to Xbox Series X at launch to play Xbox exclusives.

So for the next two years every first party game on the Series X will also be on the Xbox One :patrice:

I mean it’s very pro consumer, I’ll give them that but I prefer Sony’s way of developing true next gen games that take full advantage of the new machine. I guess we’ll see who’s right

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
giphy.gif

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
This won't be a problem...and its been done forever by third party

I bought Star Wars the Force Unleashed for PS2 when it was on xbox 360 and ps3.....work arounds will allow this to work

Also remember Rise of the Tomb Raider, Titanfall 1 and Forza Horizon 2 did the same and they weren't bad ports at all

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
They're probably going to be downgrading Series X games to run on XB1, not upgrading XB1 games to run on Series X

The XSX dev kit has a mode where developers can test their games in an X1/X1X environment, so basically developers design the game for Series X and then port it down.