Microsoft originally passed on making Spider-man when Disney approached them

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I'm amazed that this dude has repeatedly and surgically eviscerated the Xbox brand over the last ten years and he still has a job and gets to be the mouthpiece. It's incredible really
It's simply white privilege within that company. There's no way he survives this long if he was a minority. Funny thing is as soon as Sarah Bond got promoted she's been the one getting heat for his failures. Not saying she's blameless, but you get that feeling it ain't right for how the media and fans talk about her and try to put Phil's failures on her. THat's proof he would've been long gone if he was a minority because you need to be great not to get heat. It's why Satya has been at Microsoft for so long because he's been making them a ton of money

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
It's simply white privilege within that company. There's no way he survives this long if he was a minority. Funny thing is as soon as Sarah Bond got promoted she's been the one getting heat for his failures. Not saying she's blameless, but you get that feeling it ain't right for how the media and fans talk about her and try to put Phil's failures on her. THat's proof he would've been long gone if he was a minority because you need to be great not to get heat. It's why Satya has been at Microsoft for so long because he's been making them a ton of money
Or because xbox is the most successful it’s ever been right now.

I know it don’t seem that way when you get all your “news” from @Gizmo_Duck

But reality says xbox is making more money, and better positioned in the market than it ever has.

Investors don’t care about console wars. :manny:

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Or because xbox is the most successful it’s ever been right now.

I know it don’t seem that way when you get all your “news” from @Gizmo_Duck

But reality says xbox is making more money, and better positioned in the market than it ever has.

Investors don’t care about console wars. :manny:
That's not the whole truth. The video game industry as a whole is making more money than ever before because we've never had consumer spending this strong. MTX and mobile gaming wasn't something that was strong in the past, and now that's where a lot of the money is. So, of course Microsoft will be making more money than before becuase the industry has evolved and stuff like piracy has also cut down.

The major issue with Microsoft they should be making much more money, and Phil being the captain made countless mistakes and the major reason why they're not porting most of their library to Playstation. If Phil was compentent it would've been just console and PC through windows store, but couldn't even get that part right.

You can't say with straight face that Phil has done a good job during his 10+ year tenure, and also can't forget he was there when Microsoft pivoted to KInect during 360 era. Seriously, name 5 good things Phil has done during his 10+ year tenure.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
That's not the whole truth. The video game industry as a whole is making more money than ever before because we've never had consumer spending this strong. MTX and mobile gaming wasn't something that was strong in the past, and now that's where a lot of the money is. So, of course Microsoft will be making more money than before becuase the industry has evolved and stuff like piracy has also cut down.

The major issue with Microsoft they should be making much more money, and Phil being the captain made countless mistakes and the major reason why they're not porting most of their library to Playstation. If Phil was compentent it would've been just console and PC through windows store, but couldn't even get that part right.

You can't say with straight face that Phil has done a good job during his 10+ year tenure, and also can't forget he was there when Microsoft pivoted to KInect during 360 era. Seriously, name 5 good things Phil has done during his 10+ year tenure.
They ARE making much much more money.

Again straight from microsoft CEO they have more active paying users on their own consoles than ever before.

AND

They have more top games on playstation than ANY other publisher including sony themselves.

Plus like 500 million users on mobile and PC

While still selling around the same amount of consoles as last gen.

Now why in the hell would the microsoft CEO be upset at phil spencer for the current state of xbox???

Like i said, console wars perspective ain’t real life. Phil has done great with xbox if you get off the internet :manny:

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
They ARE making much much more money.

Again straight from microsoft CEO they have more active paying users on their own consoles than ever before.

AND

They have more top games on playstation than ANY other publisher including sony themselves.

Plus like 500 million users on mobile and PC

While still selling around the same amount of consoles as last gen.

Now why in the hell would the microsoft CEO be upset at phil spencer for the current state of xbox???

Like i said, console wars perspective ain’t real life. Phil has done great with xbox if you get off the internet :manny:
-They are making more money due to industry growing in revenue due to not having those things I've mentioned
- They're making more moeny due to acquistion of ABK and Bethesda
- They're not telling the whole trust about most active players. They're doing the thing where they count somebody logging into minecraft, candy crush or cod using account as an active user
- Also the active users aren't using Xbox and windows store and most likely using mobile, steam, and other consoles
- They're actually behind the xbox one in sales, and I don't think they'll reach the 60m the XB1 reached tbh. They don't have the luxury of a mid console refresh and most likely will have 40m sold.

Phil is not the person generating much revenue for him, but its more so the industry as a whole is spending more money. We didn't have MTX and gamers buying as much as they are. WE have to remember most people that were gamers during SNES to 360 are era are now adults, so they're now spending more money because they now have income.

Again, name 5 things that Phil has done to generate revenue for Microsoft. Gamepass is a double edge sword, so I will give you that, but it does create some bad behaviour among consumers which can impact revenue, but it does provide recurring revenue

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
-They are making more money due to industry growing in revenue due to not having those things I've mentioned
They are making more money cause they are making more money, can’t hand wave that away with your feelings.
- They're making more moeny due to acquistion of ABK and Bethesda
Two deals Phil worked really hard to complete. I’m sure Nutella is furious at him for that.
- They're not telling the whole trust about most active players. They're doing the thing where they count somebody logging into minecraft, candy crush or cod using account as an active user
You with another attempt to handwave away facts with your feelings.

Again straight from the CEO xbox consoles are more popular and active than ever before.

You are wondering why Phil still has a job. The CEO is telling you out loud, but you chose to ignore it cause it’s doesn’t mesh with what the console wars told you
- Also the active users aren't using Xbox and windows store and most likely using mobile, steam, and other consoles
There’s 200+ million on mobile alone.

Thanks Phil :ehh:
- They're actually behind the xbox one in sales, and I don't think they'll reach the 60m the XB1 reached tbh. They don't have the luxury of a mid console refresh and most likely will have 40m sold.
As of right now they are pretty equal, Series S/X might be a little ahead

Took about 4 years for xbox one to reach 26 mill

Right now, four years into Series X/S estimates put them closer to 30 mill
Phil is not the person generating much revenue for him, but its more so the industry as a whole is spending more money. We didn't have MTX and gamers buying as much as they are. WE have to remember most people that were gamers during SNES to 360 are era are now adults, so they're now spending more money because they now have income.
They are collecting those MTX from other platforms now.

There’s no way to downplay xbox being one of the top publishers on EVERY platform now. While also maintaining or even growing their own console market.

That’s the new reality
Again, name 5 things that Phil has done to generate revenue for Microsoft. Gamepass is a double edge sword, so I will give you that, but it does create some bad behaviour among consumers which can impact revenue, but it does provide recurring revenue
You just named them :wow: