Microsoft originally passed on making Spider-man when Disney approached them

The Wolf Among You

Superstar
Daps
The industry is better for it. Microsoft didn’t have the capability to make a game as good as spider-man even if they hired insomniac to do it.

I can’t agree with that. Marvel Games gave Sony a choice on what character they wanted to use, right?
There’s no telling what character Microsoft would’ve chosen, and they could’ve knocked it out of the park. Now they’re potentially locked out of ever sparking a deal like this again.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I can’t agree with that. Marvel Games gave Sony a choice on what character they wanted to use, right?
There’s no telling what character Microsoft would’ve chosen, and they could’ve knocked it out of the park. Now they’re potentially locked out of ever sparking a deal like this again.

I mean, i haven’t really seen them knock a new IP out of the park for over 10 years so…

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Yeah right. Only Marvel property that M$ could've had half the chance at making as good or successful as Spiderman would be The Punisher and we all know why that is. And by rights, while it may have had a slim chance to be as good, ain't no way that IP could've been as successful.

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Yeah right. Only Marvel property that M$ would've have half the chance at making as good or successful as Spiderman would be The Punisher age we all know why that is. And by rights, while it may have had a slim chance to be as good, ain't no way that IP could've been as successful.

Even then, who makes a better Punisher game, The coalition/343 or Naughty Dog?

RNS

My Own Lane
Supporter
Daps
:mjlol: Microsoft continues to fail. Meanwhile Spider-Man 2 about to do crazy numbers when it drops. In what reality would you turn down a deal with fukking Marvel?…. Not to mention the possibilities on all the other games in the future. Because you told them to kick rocks.

:martin:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
:mjlol: Microsoft continues to fail. Meanwhile Spider-Man 2 about to do crazy numbers when it drops. In what reality would you turn down a deal with fukking Marvel?…. Not to mention the possibilities on all the other games in the future. Because you told them to kick rocks.

:martin:
Thats why i can’t rock with Xbox after the 360. I feel like with them its never about the games, its always some extra shyt

RNS

My Own Lane
Supporter
Daps
Thats why i can’t rock with Xbox after the 360. I feel like with them its never about the games, its always some extra shyt
I gave them another chance when I got an Xbox One. Off the strength that I loved the Xbox 360. Ain’t turned it on in years. I’ll just hold my L. Even got the “Day One” edition.

:francis: