Microsoft Looking To Accquire Even More Studios

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Why would Capcom do that?
They've been in financial trouble for years. It was public and REALLY bad a few years ago. Sony funded SF5. MS can end their money woes forever. If Monster Hunter didn't do so good, they would probably be in the red for the year. Despite Capcom being past their prime, they have franchises to be capitalized from. Taking the financial pressure off could get them to improve also.

Prince Akeem

Its not that deep breh....
Daps
Its one thing saying Microsoft should buy individual studios who are struggling or have potential...Calling for whole publishers who's historically have been on a bunch of different platforms is console warrior shyt. Plus it would create a negative backlash from a lot of gamers and people in the industry.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Its one thing saying Microsoft should buy individual studios who are struggling or have potential...Calling for whole publishers who's historically have been on a bunch of different platforms is console warrior shyt. Plus it would create a negative backlash from a lot of gamers and people in the industry.
I assume you're referring to me saying MS should buy Capcom. It's not console warrior shyt, it's strategy. Also, like I said, Capcom has been struggling for years. Monster Hunter iand RE7 are probably twohandedly keeping the lights on. MS's war chest is their greatest weapon, why not use it? And backlash be damned, people would buy Xboxes to play their favorith Capcom franchise, period .It's smart business.

Prince Akeem

Its not that deep breh....
Daps
I assume you're referring to me saying MS should buy Capcom. It's not console warrior shyt, it's strategy. Also, like I said, Capcom has been struggling for years. Monster Hunter iand RE7 are probably twohandedly keeping the lights on.

Microsoft has been on a hearts and minds campaign trying to shake off the negative stigma that they got in 2013, trying to be the "good guys" of gaming right now...Buying out Capcom who has a fan base across multiple platforms would seen not trying to build themselves up but MS tipping the scales and would make ALOT of gamers angry which is not what Xbox needs right now.

Capcom WAS struggling but now they are doing better and DMC5 and RE2 hitting next year they are going to be good money for a minute plus its not the same as buying Obsidian or Ninja Theory...Capcom would cost Billions to buy.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Microsoft has been on a hearts and minds campaign trying to shake off the negative stigma that they got in 2013, trying to be the "good guys" of gaming right now...Buying out Capcom who has a fan base across multiple platforms would seen not trying to build themselves up but MS tipping the scales and would make ALOT of gamers angry which is not what Xbox needs right now.

Capcom WAS struggling but now they are doing better and DMC5 and RE2 hitting next year they are going to be good money for a minute plus its not the same as buying Obsidian or Ninja Theory...Capcom would cost Billions to buy.
When they were ripe for the picking a few years ago, they probably could have been bought for less than a half billion. They were in the red.

If bad will and bad business really hurt companies, EA and Activision wouldn't be here. It's can you sell games. If Scarlett had an exclusive RE game, Mega Man game, the next Monster Hunter game, and Street Fighter 6, it would fly off shelves. Period.