Microsoft is supporting old games, While Sony and Nintendo are leaving them behind

Daps
Every time i see your bullshyt i look at the rep n think “it all makes sense now:ehh:

This is def because of the horrible xbone launch. Microsoft shyt the bed n had to fall back to rebuild good will with consumers.

:wow: That’s funny. I could care less about you and your opinion. Have fun playing halo 2.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

Ya so that shyt was never in the cards till Phil made the call after that failure launch. The ps5 is capable of emulation(which the xbone/series x does with a lot of older titles) but the sony heads dont wanna dedicate the time to that.

you got a source to say bc was xbox one plan from the get go? Or you just writin your own fan fiction Meech?

The Untold Story of Xbox One Backwards Compatibility - IGN
It was 2007. One of those teams was working on PowerPC CPU emulation – getting 32-bit code, which the 360 uses, to run on the 64-bit architecture that the third-generation Xbox would be using. The other team, out of Beijing, started writing a virtual GPU emulator based on the Xbox 360 GPU architecture. “These were like peanut butter and chocolate,” Choudhry recalled. “[So we thought,] ‘Why don’t we put them both together?’”

This was primarily a software exercise, but we enabled that by thinking ahead with hardware,” Gammill explained. “We had to bake some of the backwards compatibility support into the [Xbox One] silicon.” This was done back in 2011.

I’m not the one writing fan fiction here. You Sony stans just make up your own scenarios and run with them :mjlol:

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
why y’all always run to this :mjlol:

I haven’t heard one person with a new Xbox talk about any upcoming releases they’re excited about. All y’all do is talk about backwards compatibility and try to use that against Sony. Breh I’m here to tell you the reason y’all love it so much is cause Microsoft ain’t feeding y’all. :mjlol:

All you have is old ass games to rely on. I’ve owned every PlayStation ever, Sony has literally given us nothing but heat since ‘95 breh. We’ve got no reason to look back towards past generations.
I've noticed this not only on this forum but others as well.

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
I mean, I literally said that what they're doing is great. The problem is that it's being painted as this massive love letter to years of gaming, but if the One launch wasn't disastrous, we're not talking about this as a feature.

I'mma enjoy playing Fight Night Champion on it when mine finally gets delivered, but that's not really a strong selling point for a lot of people.

Different platforms, but apparently close enough to easily emulated.
They were not, you aren't about to rewrite history, getting xbox and even 360 games on the Xbox ones platform was a technical achievement that no one foreseen. They used a software based method to emulate the 360 so it has nothing to do with similar "architectures"
I've noticed this not only on this forum but others as well.

Currently playing outriders via gamepass enjoying it so
+1

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
:wow: That’s funny. I could care less about you and your opinion. Have fun playing halo 2.
The phrase is “couldn’t care less”. You implyin that you do care:facepalm:

The Untold Story of Xbox One Backwards Compatibility - IGN

I’m not the one writing fan fiction here. You Sony stans just make up your own scenarios and run with them :mjlol:
Not a sony groupie.

but it looks like i was wrong here. My bad meech. You got me on this one.:ehh:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They were not, you aren't about to rewrite history, getting xbox and even 360 games on the Xbox ones platform was a technical achievement that no one foreseen. They used a software based method to emulate the 360 so it has nothing to do with similar "architectures"

Currently playing outriders via gamepass enjoying it so
+1

Cool, so still emulatable, right? Because let Sony tell it, the issue with PS3 back compat is finding an easy way to emulate it.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
why y’all always run to this :mjlol:

I haven’t heard one person with a new Xbox talk about any upcoming releases they’re excited about. All y’all do is talk about backwards compatibility and try to use that against Sony. Breh I’m here to tell you the reason y’all love it so much is cause Microsoft ain’t feeding y’all. :mjlol:

All you have is old ass games to rely on. I’ve owned every PlayStation ever, Sony has literally given us nothing but heat since ‘95 breh. We’ve got no reason to look back towards past generations.

So much heat since 95 that I don't want it preserved in anyway. Not do I ever want to play it again, or upscaled and improved

:mjlol:

Sony stans waiting on games this year like everyone else.

It's now in the meantime, they have the inferior system, they have inferior support, and they have a inferior way if a way at all to play blacklog and older games.

Sony skims off the top with you dudes all the time and y'all eat it up. Now they're being shown up by the competition :yeshrug:

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
You have to buy and re-buy them shyts for each new piece of hardware.

And they do crazy shyt like releasing them for a limited time, or only letting you play them for a limited time :beli:

:duck:

just hack it and move on. I'm sure you got a paper clip somewhere in your house.