Microsoft has offered a glimpse at how much Xbox Game Pass actually makes

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
How much do the actual games on GP make?
I think its case by case basis. I think most of the deals get a flat rate and then they have incentives they have to hit. For example I think i seen articles saying there are incentives based on downloads, playtime, etc. Then there is also a marketing deals where Microsoft covers part of the development/marketing.

Also you do get some crazy stuff where Microsoft will front you money. They gave cooking simulator devs $600k to be on gamepass

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
We've been through this

REVENUE DOES NOT EQUAL PROFIT
You say that like if these companies are not making profits?
If that was true then gamepass wouldn't be thriving like it is, you know, since nobody but microsoft making money
Why is it the industry claims the opposite of what you're saying when they talk about gamepass, only sony stans create this narrative and think we have to take it seriously :stopitslime:
Its a sad state of affairs when gamers talk more about revenue, mergers and acquisitions and services than games.
Like if you muthafukkaz don't talk about God of War, Wolverine, and then nothing else but sales of sony/this/that
So its been sad, yall became obsessed with numbers back during the 360 era when they spanked yall nikkaz like the toddlers you act like today
Seems like Papa is back home :banderas:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I think its case by case basis. I think most of the deals get a flat rate and then they have incentives they have to hit. For example I think i seen articles saying there are incentives based on downloads, playtime, etc. Then there is also a marketing deals where Microsoft covers part of the development/marketing.

Also you do get some crazy stuff where Microsoft will front you money. They gave cooking simulator devs $600k to be on gamepass

Cooking sim devs might have sold themselves. It probably would have made more independently, but I understand the security of knowing you'll have that in your pocket. :patrice:

This will create an interesting market for AA and indie devs. They can either gamble on themselves and try to get their own bag or they can sign 360 deals with M$ for the guaranteed money and potentially limit their ceiling.

Quite interesting. I think if you just kind of know you're going to flop or have trouble getting a playerbase then you take the safe route and go to GP

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Cooking sim devs might have sold themselves. It probably would have made more independently, but I understand the security of knowing you'll have that in your pocket. :patrice:

This will create an interesting market for AA and indie devs. They can either gamble on themselves and try to get their own bag or they can sign 360 deals with M$ for the guaranteed money and potentially limit their ceiling.

Quite interesting. I think if you just kind of know you're going to flop or have trouble getting a playerbase then you take the safe route and go to GP
Eh, they got a good deal out of it because that game is like 3 years old and I've seen it on Nintendo Eshop for like $2. I think these type of deals are great for indies and AA devs because getting upfront money is nice, and gamepass also provides marketing. Unsure how popular Chivalry 2 is these days, but since joining gamepass they got 500k new players, and word of mouth may make people on other platforms purchase it

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang

As you push a narrative that got dap from TrumpStation fanboys, thats not what it is or else the service would not be special like a psnow+Lgbtq
We wouldn't be talking about how great GP was if it was what you're saying. You act like they not allowed to sell their titles if they in gamepass?
So you saying there's no money to be made once you're in gamepass, its just the payment up front and then you in limbo til you leave.

You guys do realize you're pushing this narrative because you're not actually playing any games :patrice:

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
And you won't see a single penny of it. Much like you won't be seeing any new games. :francis: