MICROSOFT CONSIDERED ACQUIRING SQUARE ENIX?!!?

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Major corporations consider different acquisitions all the time. They were probably told from the top that they need to purchase some studios. They probably considered everybody at the beginning. This really isn't surprising, and not a red flag.
This is a Sony Stan Circle Jerk, no logic allowed :stop:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
They're their IPs and they wouldn't exist without them. Spider-Man is the exception, but we all know what happened there. Word to MS wanting to work on their own IPs and passing on the license.

In the end, MS bought up a bunch of publishers/developers with IPs that existed before them and on multiple consoles.

So they their ips like Halo is to Xbox?:jbhmm:

Lol…. Man I feel like my question was DUCKed…. You don’t get to give brother Gizmo a break when my foot on neck:skip:

I know Nintendo created/made Mario like Sega created/made Sonic.

He was saying Xbox should make games… and not saying he wrong. Maybe they should, Xbox Game Studios did at one point make games

But I was legit curious what games have Sony made that people really loved and want to play. Cuz it felt like the shot from a Sony Stan was asking MS to do something that Sony ain’t doing:russ:

All jokes/trolling aside

Far as I know these are the guys that make the games that everyone wants to play;

Activision
Capcom
Bethesda
THQ
Aclaim
EA
Ubisoft
Namco
Midway
Crave
Konami
Eidos

That’s a small sample but you get the point.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
So they their ips like Halo is to Xbox?:jbhmm:

Lol…. Man I feel like my question was DUCKed…. You don’t get to give brother Gizmo a break when my foot on neck:skip:

I know Nintendo created/made Mario like Sega created/made Sonic.

He was saying Xbox should make games… and not saying he wrong. Maybe they should, Xbox Game Studios did at one point make games

But I was legit curious what games have Sony made that people really loved and want to play. Cuz it felt like the shot from a Sony Stan was asking MS to do something that Sony ain’t doing:russ:

All jokes/trolling aside

Far as I know these are the guys that make the games that everyone wants to play;

Activision
Capcom
Bethesda
THQ
Aclaim
EA
Ubisoft
Namco
Midway
Crave
Konami
Eidos

What did you google to get that list :russ:

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

All jokes/trolling aside

Activision
Capcom
Bethesda
THQ
Aclaim
EA
Ubisoft
Namco
Midway
Crave
Konami
Eidos

So you mean a game made completely by an internal division created inside the platform holder's company? Like Polyphony or SSM? Or what Japan studios used to be? Those are analogues to Nintendo EAD and Sonic Team.

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
So you mean a game made completely by an internal division created inside the platform holder's company? Like Polyphony or SSM? Or what Japan studios used to be? Those are analogues to Nintendo EAD and Sonic Team.

Yes!!

Duck was trynna play a specific game. I was trapping him with his own rope though.

At the end of the day…. The best games typically come from these other studios (exclusive or not)

If MS feel the need to buy so be it

Pull Up the Roots

Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Yes!!

Duck was trynna play a specific game. I was trapping him with his own rope though.

At the end of the day…. The best games typically come from these other studios (exclusive or not)

If MS feel the need to buy so be it
God of War ranks among the best of them. And that came from fostering in-house talent. MS can do the same thing. Buying up publishers as a shortcut is detrimental to the industry as a whole. They're trying to accelerate the Netflix model for video games and that's going to lead to the same (or worse) problems we're seeing there.

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
God of War ranks among the best of them. And that came from fostering in-house talent. MS can do the same thing. Buying up publishers as a shortcut is detrimental to the industry as a whole. They're trying to accelerate the Netflix model for video games and that's going to lead to the same (or worse) problems we're seeing there.
Bad for who tho? Sony fans?

Cuz if that’s the case and I won’t disagree. How would that be bad for anyone not Sony fans.

But it’s not bad for everyone with Sony ONLY having TLOU, GodOW, Spiderman?

Pull Up the Roots

Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Bad for who tho? Sony fans?

Cuz if that’s the case and I won’t disagree. How would that be bad for anyone not Sony fans.

But it’s not bad for everyone with Sony ONLY having TLOU, GodOW, Spiderman?
The entire industry.

MS will have to keep consuming developers/publishers to supply their game rental service, which will lead to more watered down titles, less choice and more control by one mega-corporation to set prices among other things. Gaming on a leash isn't good for anybody.

How is this even relevant?

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
The entire industry.

MS will have to keep consuming developers/publishers to supply their game rental service, which will lead to more watered down titles, less choice and more control by one mega-corporation to set prices among other things. Gaming on a leash isn't good for anybody.

Or they could just expand what they have.

They’re obviously buying things now, because they need content now for their new service due to their current number of studios can’t meet their intended release target.

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
The entire industry.

Bet, Sonny needs to come up off Spiderman, don’t be stingy with Wolverine.

Also give up Ghost of Tsushima.

I don’t really care about TLOU, but some may so that game too.

This would be

:steviej:

good for the Industry