Microsoft blocks emulator usage on series x and s

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
A significant amount of users have been receiving 15-day suspensions as a warning shot from Xbox. We STRONGLY recommend removing any and all emulator apps from your console in retail mode immediately (dev mode is unaffected). We apologise to anyone who got a 15-day suspension, we know it sucks.

(Image credits (in order)): @zaza, @goodolwhatshisname)
image.png

Screenshot_20230727-141750.png

rn_image_picker_lib_temp_e6e05473-6a43-49fb-9e6b-7a1ad6348c27.png

Click to shrink...

To other retail mode uploaders

Please take my advice and do not begin trying to upload retail mode emulators, Microsoft are console banning people caught uploading retail mode emulators, don't take that risk for yourself, and don't put others at risk either. It's not worth it anymore, just use dev mode.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Man, that sucks, especially since this likely isn't even meant to be a directly malicious move, as much as it is just avoiding issues with copyright holders.

Maybe if there were more old games made legally playable on newer platforms, this wouldn't be an issue.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
I feel like gamers are entitled as fukk nowadays. I remember back in the day we all knew we weren't supposed to be doing this type of shyt, we all knew we ran the risk of console bans.

Now people act like it's their God given right to play pirated games on any device, acting like microsoft was wrong for cracking down.

Microsoft was wrong for allowing it in the first place.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I feel like gamers are entitled as fukk nowadays. I remember back in the day we all knew we weren't supposed to be doing this type of shyt, we all knew we ran the risk of console bans.

Now people act like it's their God given right to play pirated games on any device, acting like microsoft was wrong for cracking down.

Microsoft was wrong for allowing it in the first place.

Thats kind of the problem, they were kind of using emulation as a selling point by not deliberately cracking down on it to begin with. Like people were loud and proud with it and they let it fly because it made their system more attractive. Sort of like the gamepass/gold conversion and other little things like that. They are slowly pulling back on a lot of that stuff now

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Thats kind of the problem, they were kind of using emulation as a selling point by not deliberately cracking down on it to begin with. Like people were loud and proud with it and they let it fly because it made their system more attractive. Sort of like the gamepass/gold conversion and other little things like that. They are slowly pulling back on a lot of that stuff now
That's why I said they were wrong for ever allowing it. It would be like Sony releasing a laptop and advertised the ease of pirating windows products as a selling feature.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Man, that sucks, especially since this likely isn't even meant to be a directly malicious move, as much as it is just avoiding issues with copyright holders.

Maybe if there were more old games made legally playable on newer platforms, this wouldn't be an issue.

they definitely were getting hit with lawsuits.

lol at you talking about this with a screenname of "Legal" :laff: