Microsoft blocks emulator usage on series x and s

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
First nikka on this site to get one. Lol. Also. More proof Nintendo is a trash company when it comes to consumers. They do their own YouTube advocates dirty.
Nintendo is a trash company when it comes to consumers but this isn't that.

They have a right to not want people bootlegging their games on competitors hardware. Imagine how fast Sony or Microsoft would jump if they found out people were easily emulating god of war on xbox or halo on playstation.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Ok but how does PC get away with it then?
Because it's an open platform that anyone could develop software for.

Since sony and microsoft regulate the type of software allowed on their consoles, they can be held liable for what gets released on their platforms.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang

discord:

54bd9a7f5802d16045000e94325f8071.png

F60871B4-42BC-4DD6-9C8C-CA5FF5A45D6D.png

Dev miode still does and will continue to work so I guess this mainly affects people who cannot pay the $20 fee.
And if you can't afford the $20 fee then getting an emulator to work should be the least of your problems :hhh:

Sony gamers try hard, Lie harder...

melraH

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UPTOWN
Im going to put ya'll up on game any one of those HP, lenovo or dell Mini office pc's with a 5th gen I5 and up you put Batocera linux on them puppies and they run all the way up to ps2/gamecube/wii games. You used to be able to get em for cheap like 70-100 dollars but the chip shortage put them prices up a bit.

Look up this youtube channel called ETA Prime. He has a few videos on it on old office pc's you can run lots of emulators on it. And of course a bunch of handheld devices other than the steam deck. For some out of the Box ideas for emulation on the Go. I do not like these self updating consoles.

Edit ---- here ya'll go

You could find these pc's online for cheap Or maybe you are lucky and got a couple of these laying around.

Last edited:

Half A $

Pro
Daps
Damn it we could’ve been playing these classics on fridges toaters are other real appliances people will play games so we can inflate numbers

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
My nephew was showing off this shyt to me during the holidays. They were playing some smash bros brawl romhack on his series x and I'm like what the hell am I even looking at.

Was cool as hell honestly. Shame they took it away but it looks like yall still have the dev mode option available.

Honestly just get a steam deck if emulation is that important. But i do agree removing shyt already on the console is wack.