Microsoft / Activision Deal Leaves Sony Stans in Shambles | M$ Wins Fight Against FTC

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I don't know if it's just me, but I feel underwhelmed when thinking about the Activision Blizzard roadmap. We know they have annual CODs, new survival ip, and other Blizzard titles that take very long to make. I feel we can't expect much from Activision, and I feel Microsoft keeps status quo, so they'll continue to be COD support studios.

I hope they free Toys for Bob and get them to work on a Banjo remake to test the waters on the franchise

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
the fact that the FTC is using the same lawyers that Saul Goodman faces down in court is another sign of how useless and probably underfunded they are :francis:
Ideology doesn’t win. I think it is fair to say that most of the people here that votes, voted for this administration, including myself. I can't rock with far left ideologues going crazy. That's ultimately what all of this amounted too. There are far easier cases out there to take. Why would you take on the picturesque version of the vertical acquisition that us accountants saw in our textbooks in college? That's what the geniuses at the FTC decided to do. You can't be helped if that is the way you are going to go about this.

Not to mention, all of these actions by the FTC, in cahoots with the CMA and it's own version of idiocy that is going to cause them to have a cloud worse off because Microsoft pulled their card too. I will always think that way too much precedent was set on the cloud but at least the EU regulated. The other two played games that both are going to lose.

AStrangeName

Member of Snitch Syndication
Daps
I don't know if it's just me, but I feel underwhelmed when thinking about the Activision Blizzard roadmap. We know they have annual CODs, new survival ip, and other Blizzard titles that take very long to make. I feel we can't expect much from Activision, and I feel Microsoft keeps status quo, so they'll continue to be COD support studios.

I hope they free Toys for Bob and get them to work on a Banjo remake to test the waters on the franchise
Toys for Bob have been talking about wanting to make an new Spyro game and possibly bring back Skylanders, plus their the go to team for Crash, so they might be the first team to be free from being an COD support team.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Toys for Bob have been talking about wanting to make an new Spyro game and possibly bring back Skylanders, plus their the go to team for Crash, so they might be the first team to be free from being an COD support team.
Nice, I think that's what intrigued me the most to see if they free any of the COD support studios. However, we know money talks and COD prints money at this point. Anyways, it should be interesting to see how they handle this because we won't see the impact in another 3-5 years

radio rahiem

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Mount Vernon, NY via Trinidad & Tobago
political rant
I heard that the FTC got their funding cut. Terrible move TBH.
THIS particular case was a losing one, but they have other cases that need their attention, and cutting the funding is a bad look.
But this is expected from the republicans. :smh:

hopefully when the R's lose the house, they can get their funding back.
[\political rant][\spoiler]

Last edited:

MarcP

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nope sony owns the rights and pulled spider-man from everything but playstation
The games based on the movies might be a problem since they'd have to talk directly with Sony but everything else shouldn't be too much of a problem. Not having Spider Man on the platform might be enough motivator for Microsoft to drop the bread to get those old licensed games on the service.

Oh shyt I forgot Activision published Xmen Wolverine Origins:whew:

Throw that shyt on Game Pass immediately Phil.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Nope sony owns the rights and pulled spider-man from everything but playstation
I don't think Sony owns the rights to the games outside of the movie. However, it does make the selection very limited since it would only be shattered dimension and ultimate spiderman.

However, I would love to see underrated games like Hulk: Ultimate Destruction, X-Men Legends,get revived through BC. Also, would be nice to put Marvel Ultimate Alliance on gamepass. Microsoft could talk to Disney to make these games available, but it might not be worth the cost imo.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I don't think Sony owns the rights to the games outside of the movie. However, it does make the selection very limited since it would only be shattered dimension and ultimate spiderman.

However, I would love to see underrated games like Hulk: Ultimate Destruction, X-Men Legends,get revived through BC. Also, would be nice to put Marvel Ultimate Alliance on gamepass. Microsoft could talk to Disney to make these games available, but it might not be worth the cost imo.
They are mostly licensed with the movies back then. If Activision wanted to bring them to modern stores they would have to get permission from sony.

Most of them got removed from digital stores around the time sony got the license for the new spiderman games.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
The games based on the movies might be a problem since they'd have to talk directly with Sony but everything else shouldn't be too much of a problem. Not having Spider Man on the platform might be enough motivator for Microsoft to drop the bread to get those old licensed games on the service.

Oh shyt I forgot Activision published Xmen Wolverine Origins:whew:

Throw that shyt on Game Pass immediately Phil.
It think the only one not really tied to a film was shattered dimensions, and i think there was still a “film” version of spidey in that game they would have to get permission from sony to use.