Michelle Obama Causes Controversy Over Telling People To Drink Water

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mindblown::mindblown::mindblown:

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.co...criticism-for-michelle-obamas-new-initiative/

A few drops of criticism for Michelle Obama's new initiative
Posted by
CNN's Bryan Koenig

Updated 9/13/2013 at 1:31pm

Washington (CNN) – The truth about water, first lady Michelle Obama says, is that drinking more can make you healthier. Except some health experts are critical of the advice, arguing that it simply doesn't hold water.

Obama this week was joined by the Partnership for a Healthier America in encouraging Americans to "drink up."

According to a release, the campaign is meant to "remind people that drinking more water helps you have more energy to do more, longer and with better focus."

Not so fast, experts told CNN's "New Day."

"There's no good evidence that drinking extra water is going to lead to a healthier existence," said Dr. Stanley Goldfarb of the University of Pennsylvania.

The White House "decided to sort of support some of these urban myths that have been really debunked over the years," Goldfarb said.

Experts contacted by CNN said that Obama was on the right track but may have missed the mark. Health through hydration is not really about drinking more water for the most part, it's about drinking less soda and other sugary drinks.

Dr. John Dooley of Foxhall Internists had nothing but praise for the first lady's previous health campaign, arguing that it has a lot of science backing it up. The same cannot be said for the "drink up" campaign.

"The claims about extra water itself leading to extra health benefits, that's a bit overstated," Dooley said.

I swear I want to leave this country sometimes :huhldup:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
"There's no good evidence that drinking extra water is going to lead to a healthier existence," said Dr. Stanley Goldfarb of the University of Pennsylvania.

Experts contacted by CNN said that Obama was on the right track but may have missed the mark. Health through hydration is not really about drinking more water for the most part, it's about drinking less soda and other sugary drinks.

:troll:

They are out here tone trolling.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:snoop:

They hated on here Let's Move initiative and now this :snoop:

Some Twilight Zone shyt I swear :mindblown:
How can you find something wrong with telling kids to get up and exercise?

Eat better?:mindblown:

Drink water?:mindblown:

":dahell:See this is the shyt I'm talking about. These Obamas trying to tell me what to feed my kids"

:beli::beli::beli:

Last edited:

DaPresident

Miami Hurricanes football fan...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Miami Hurricanes,Dallas Cowboys, St. John's, DMV
Boy, ya'll were right...ya'll. were. RIGHT.

They not even TRYING to hide it anymore, racism just as plain as day now...They are getting bolder (y'all right about that too) This year has been rough (more than most) with regard to racism...it's been out and no Fs were given

King Poetic

The D.O.G. (Disciple Of God)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County, California
But u fools didn't read the whole article at all... I applaud this bashing. cause Michelle said

" I URGE ALL AMERICANS TO DRINK THAT MOLLY WATR. IT WILL CLEANSE YOUR SOUL AND THE DETOXIFICATION IN MOLLY IS REALLY GOOD FOR U "

The Obama's need there ass beat

Flay Mayweather

Superstar
Daps
They want you to consume both water and soda.

But,:pacspit: fukk soda and tap water.

:mjpls:Dr.Oz says drink 8 glasses of water a day, Michocolate Obama says the same and it's a problem

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
7433019188_7633bcfd09_o.gif