Michael Porter Jr one of em New Blacks i see

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
He changed towards the end of his life.....

The media doesn’t talk about that though
He didn't change at all. He maintained the exact same values, objectives, and means in fighting the struggle. He just became more open in his disillusionment of the failure of certain others to embrace the struggle.

You can follow his writings and strategies and moral basis from the 1940s to the 50s to the 60s all the way until his death. He refined and developed particular strategies and techniques for different situations and in different times. But the basis of who he was as a person was already solid from quite early in the struggle and he didn't let go of that.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

You're misinterpreting him. He's attacking White moderates for failure to join the movement, for failure to fight for Black rights. But he never changed his approach that love was the most effective means of fighting of those rights.

“And I say to you, I have also decided to stick to love. For I know that love is ultimately the only answer to mankind's problems. And I'm going to talk about it everywhere I go. I know it isn't popular to talk about it in some circles today. I'm not talking about emotional bosh when I talk about love, I'm talking about a strong, demanding love. And I have seen too much hate. I've seen too much hate on the faces of sheriffs in the South. I've seen hate on the faces of too many Klansmen and too many White Citizens Councilors in the South to want to hate myself, because every time I see it, I know that it does something to their faces and their personalities and I say to myself that hate is too great a burden to bear. I have decided to love.”

That's from "Where Do We Go From Here?", published in 1967, the last book King published before his death and a good 4 years after the Letter From a Birmingham Jail.

The point most folk in the thread aren't getting is that you can fight hard as fukk, you can demand total commitment to the movement, you can criticize the fukk out of those who stand on the sidelines and refuse to join in, refuse to support the movement....AND you can also realize that working from a position of hate will only tear us apart and leave us unsatisfied, untransformational, and ineffective, and that there is a better way.

p.s. - I should be clear, MPJ could easily be one of those "White moderates" that King was criticizing. I really don't know shyt about his life, he might not be doing nothing. I'm only pointing out that his statement wasn't at all out of line with King's approach.