Michael Porter Jr one of em New Blacks i see

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
Utah waiting for him to hit the free agency market

tenor.gif
oh yeah, if porter wasn't such an injury prone utah would def consider him their franchise player.

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
This fool uses white emoji hands. :pachaha:

That says it all. He not c00ning he just white:camby:

:dead:

man I BEEN tryna tell niccas for damn near 20 years

we need to stop letting white people dictate who we accept as black. We shouldn’t be blindly accepting biracials as black. They are future caucasians until they prove otherwise.

and I’m not knocking future caucasians....I’m just saying stop treating these dudes like they’re black just because racists see them as “the n word”

that ain’t enough

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I'm real tired of this rhetoric and idea that MLKJR was some super kumbayah ass nikka. He wasn't. That Disney rated shyt we were taught in grade school was such a farce.
White folks need to stop posting MLK quotes too. Nobody cares about your out of context interpretations of a man you spied on and would be labeled an extremist today

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I'm real tired of this rhetoric and idea that MLKJR was some super kumbayah ass nikka. He wasn't. That Disney rated shyt we were taught in grade school was such a farce.

And yet he said shyt very much like what Porter said in the OP.

What the dumbass social media generation doesn't understand is that you can pray for the enemy, seek to change the enemy, AND defeat the enemy at the same time. Most of the most impressive victories of the 20th century were carried out in such a manner.

MLK Jr was a legend who didn't hold back exactly how he felt about the bullshyt that was going on AND he was a Christian who believed in the humanity of everyone and sought to reach and change people, even the racists calling for his death. He ate punches in the face, survived bombings, and kept going. And he accomplished more than a single one of us ever has, than a single activist living ever has. There's so much ignorant slander about that today I get legit heated. fukking dumpster fire.

"Loving Your Enemies": Sermon delivered at Dexter Avenue Baptist Church

He spends a long time building, but this is near the conclusion:

And we will all end up destroyed because nobody had any sense on the highway of history. Somewhere somebody must have some sense. Men must see that force begets force, hate begets hate, toughness begets toughness. And it is all a descending spiral, ultimately ending in destruction for all and everybody. Somebody must have sense enough and morality enough to cut off the chain of hate and the chain of evil in the universe. And you do that by love.

There’s another reason why you should love your enemies, and that is because hate distorts the personality of the hater. We usually think of what hate does for the individual hated or the individuals hated or the groups hated. But it is even more tragic, it is even more ruinous and injurious to the individual who hates. You just begin hating somebody, and you will begin to do irrational things. You can’t see straight when you hate. You can’t walk straight when you hate. You can’t stand upright. Your vision is distorted. There is nothing more tragic than to see an individual whose heart is filled with hate. He comes to the point that he becomes a pathological case. For the person who hates, you can stand up and see a person and that person can be beautiful, and you will call them ugly. For the person who hates, the beautiful becomes ugly and the ugly becomes beautiful. For the person who hates, the good becomes bad and the bad becomes good. For the person who hates, the true becomes false and the false becomes true. That’s what hate does. You can’t see right. The symbol of objectivity is lost. Hate destroys the very structure of the personality of the hater.

And this is why Jesus says that you want to be integrated with yourself, and the way to be integrated with yourself is be sure that you meet every situation of life with an abounding love. Never hate, because it ends up in tragic, neurotic responses. Psychologists and psychiatrists are telling us today that the more we hate, the more we develop guilt feelings and we begin to subconsciously repress or consciously suppress certain emotions, and they all stack up in our subconscious selves and make for tragic, neurotic responses. And may this not be the neuroses of many individuals as they confront life that that is an element of hate there. And modern psychology is calling on us now to love. But long before modern psychology came into being, the world’s greatest psychologist who walked around the hills of Galilee told us to love. He looked at men and said: “Love your enemies; don’t hate anybody.” It’s not enough for us to hate your friends because—to to love your friends—because when you start hating anybody, it destroys the very center of your creative response to life and the universe; so love everybody. Hate at any point is a cancer that gnaws away at the very vital center of your life and your existence. It is like eroding acid that eats away the best and the objective center of your life. So Jesus says love, because hate destroys the hater as well as the hated.

Now there is a final reason I think that Jesus says, “Love your enemies.” It is this: that love has within it a redemptive power. And there is a power there that eventually transforms individuals. That’s why Jesus says, “Love your enemies.” Because if you hate your enemies, you have no way to redeem and to transform your enemies. But if you love your enemies, you will discover that at the very root of love is the power of redemption. You just keep loving people and keep loving them, even though they’re mistreating you. Here’s the person who is a neighbor, and this person is doing something wrong to you and all of that. Just keep being friendly to that person. Keep loving them. Don’t do anything to embarrass them. Just keep loving them, and they can’t stand it too long. Oh, they react in many ways in the beginning. They react with bitterness because they’re mad because you love them like that. They react with guilt feelings, and sometimes they’ll hate you a little more at that transition period, but just keep loving them. And by the power of your love they will break down under the load. That’s love, you see. It is redemptive, and this is why Jesus says love. There’s something about love that builds up and is creative. There is something about hate that tears down and is destructive. “love your enemies.”

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
:scust:

I hate when people quote mlk to give blacks* a pass for being soft docile suckers 50 years later

fukk michael porter and anyone who agrees with him or understands where he’s coming from

And I hate when lazy motherfukkers who ain't put in shyt for work start talking loose about "soft docile suckers" with zero justification.

I still love you though cause you part of the community, just wish you'd get with the program instead of just casting shade online. :aicmon:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
:scust:

I hate when people quote mlk to give blacks* a pass for being soft docile suckers 50 years later

fukk michael porter and anyone who agrees with him or understands where he’s coming from

Crackaz hated MLK and Ali back then but now wanna act like they loved them so much. MLK was on these cacs ass, don't let that bullshyt we were duped into believing fool you.

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
And I hate when lazy motherfukkers who ain't put in shyt for work start talking loose about "soft docile suckers" with zero justification.

I still love you though cause you part of the community, just wish you'd get with the program instead of just casting shade online. :aicmon:

you an intelligent brother but you sounding like a real chump right now

Only thing I’m praying for is for these dudes to die

we don’t need y’all encouraging black men to pray and turn the other cheek. Boys better go get a gun

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
you an intelligent brother but you sounding like a real chump right now

Only thing I’m praying for is for these dudes to die

we don’t need y’all encouraging black men to pray and turn the other cheek. Boys better go get a gun

Breh, you can pray for whatever you want to pray for and I ain't never going to tell you otherwise. You can want those motherfukkers to die and your thoughts won't be far from mine.

I'm only talking about folk casting shade on those who spoke and acted and put in work righteously. Martin knew what the fukk he was doing and he proved it. He changed shyt. It ain't just that he walked the walk, but that he walked the walk and it worked. Not everything he wanted, but a lot, enough that we've had to deal with decades of lazy-ass motherfukkers who don't want to put in any work anymore cause they don't got it bad enough to risk what needs to be risked to finish the job.

You do what you wanna do. But until you actually doing something that works, until you actually change this country in any way whatsoever, then don't cast shade on those out there who really are looking at what actually worked.

And I ain't talking about MPJ, I don't know anything about him and he could just be spitting dumb shyt online with nothing behind it. That's most likely. But even if he's a terrible messenger, the message is still Martin's message and we gotta learn how to respect it and act on it.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

:unimpressed:

Letter from a Birmingham Jail [King, Jr.]

I must make two honest confessions to you, my Christian and Jewish brothers. First, I must confess that over the past few years I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season." Shallow understanding from people of good will is more frustrating than absolute misunderstanding from people of ill will. Lukewarm acceptance is much more bewildering than outright rejection./QUOTE]