Michael Jordan 63 point Playoff Game 32 years ago today appreciation thread

Truefan31

Superstar
Daps
That Larry Bird led Boston Celtics team had 5 HALL OF FAME PLAYERS and one of the greatest defensive teams ever. They won 67 games that year I believe. Jordan averaged 44 ppg 6 rpg and 6 apg. This was AFTER coming off a broken foot injury. He missed 63 games. Go back and look at the game and listen to the broadcast. The announcer said, "They are gonna try and run this thing through Jordan". In other words, Chicago was SHYT and all they had was Jordan. He single handedly nearly won that game. Milwaukee and Boston were 60+ win teams Mike has to face in the FIRST ROUND. That's for you idiots that know shyt about NBA history and always refer to Jordan's 1-9 record before Pippen was DRAFTED and developed.

I know they act like mj lost to scrubs lol. We’re talking about 60 win teams the bucks n an all time great team in the Celtics. And mj still balled out.

He didn’t publicly complain about needing help, or voluntarily miss games on purpose for rest and lobby the nba for a shorter season like some....

Sunalmighty

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Oakland, Ca
DAWG...it's sad because that would probably be the EXACT narrative today.

Exactly. And you raise a great point....that Jordan never embraced the "he needs help" argument PUBLICLY. He may have said it privately, but it was never used as an EXCUSE for his failures. In fact, the criticism against him at THAT time (when this game was played) - and thus, the stated reasons for his failures - was that "all he can do is score, he's not a defender nor a leader." But then you look at who's on the court with him in THIS game....are you kidding me? Brad Sellers? Like, get the hell out of here :russ:

I don't think it has anything to do with the ACTUAL game, either...it has more to do with the increase in a postmodern worldview from a SOCIETAL perspective, cause it's not just sports that gets this "type" of criticism.

But I digress...
Right. Teammates like Orlando Woolridge and Quintin Daily who could have helped with scoring, but Chicago traded Woolridge because he had a well known coke problem and so did Daily. Kyle Macy n shyt smh

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
In a perfect world, in today's game, Jordan, Lebron, and Pippen would be on the same squad in the East and face off against the Warriors in the Finals. The other 2 players would be a 3 pt shooting big, and a rim protecting big. Don't really need a traditional point guard with Pippen and Bron being the prototypical point forwards:banderas:

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I know they act like mj lost to scrubs lol. We’re talking about 60 win teams the bucks n an all time great team in the Celtics. And mj still balled out.

He didn’t publicly complain about needing help, or voluntarily miss games on purpose for rest and lobby the nba for a shorter season like some....

The Bulls team in '86 was absolutely TRASH. They only won 32 games and it's a wonder how TF they even made the playoffs to begin with. It was literally JUST Jordan.

Darealtwo1

Veteran
WOAT
Daps
This is the physical defense Bron would have struggled with :laff::laff::laff::laff:

This is the "tough 80s defense that these new guys don't have about CLUE about" :laff::laff::laff:

Jordan at 6'6 195 was dominating but Bron at 6'9 260 would have problems :laff::laff::laff::laff:

FOH with this narrative. These 5 skinny slow cacs couldn't check bron at all. FOH

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is the physical defense Bron would have struggled with :laff::laff::laff::laff:

This is the "tough 80s defense that these new guys don't have about CLUE about" :laff::laff::laff:

Jordan at 6'6 195 was dominating but Bron at 6'9 260 would have problems :laff::laff::laff::laff:

FOH with this narrative. These 5 skinny slow cacs couldn't check bron at all. FOH

What a 2nd year Jordan did coming off from injury did was more than LBJ's career high. LeBron would of gassed out as always trying to beat the 86 Celtics.

JayGatsby

R.I.P CHINX
Daps
michael-jordan-1984.c.jpg
what socks are those:noah::noah::noah:

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
In a perfect world, in today's game, Jordan, Lebron, and Pippen would be on the same squad in the East and face off against the Warriors in the Finals. The other 2 players would be a 3 pt shooting big, and a rim protecting big. Don't really need a traditional point guard with Pippen and Bron being the prototypical point forwards:banderas:

that would be a 4-0 sweep not fair at all then again durant going to GS isn't fair either so here's to them