Michael Jackson wasn’t impressed by the neptunes .. He wanted the super thug sound instead.....

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
Breh, I swear I was going to make this thread yesterday. Janet Jackson passed on “Slave 4 U” and Michael Jackson passed on all the Neptune’s tracks on Usher’s 8701 and Justin Timberlake’s Justified. The only Janet Jackson Neptune’s produced track was “Feel It Boy” with Beenie Man”

Can you imagine how history would’ve changed completely if they both worked with the Neptune’s? That Invincible Album would’ve gone diamond. Michael could still be alive. Janet’s nipple would’ve still never seen the light of day. That CAC Justin’s career would’ve flopped.

shyt is crazy. Michael’s management ain’t shyt.

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
Breh, I swear I was going to make this thread yesterday. Janet Jackson passed on “Slave 4 U” and Michael Jackson passed on all the Neptune’s tracks on Usher’s 8701 and Justin Timberlake’s Justified. The only Janet Jackson Neptune’s produced track was “Feel It Boy” with Beenie Man”

Can you imagine how history would’ve changed completely if they both worked with the Neptune’s? That Invincible Album would’ve gone diamond. Michael could still be alive. Janet’s nipple would’ve still never seen the light of day. That CAC Justin’s career would’ve flopped.

shyt is crazy:
Her nipple actually got exposed during a Neptunes track...”Rock Your Body”

Daps
Pharrell always changing the story.:martin:

I remember he said that mike liked the songs but asked where's the hook.

Then I remember he said the songs didn't even reach mj, but his management turned it down & then he heard the songs afterwards & told him those songs should've his.

Don't get me wrong he got some great songs outta darkchild, but that neptunes collab would been like pb&j coming together.:mjcry:

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
Her nipple actually got exposed during a Neptunes track...”Rock Your Body”
57dab774cd26cd0056d9a563-580824dd95cee4003cf1ed82.jpg

And to think, because Darkchild was hot at the time, he got to work with Michael instead and that CAC Justin got to boost his street cred. :scust:

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
I wonder why he turned down the hottest producers in the game during that time period.
It’s more to the story
They weren’t that mainstream in 2000/2001. They didn’t crossover until their Britney/Justin collabos. Mike’s management heard the demo and thought “the fukk is this shyt? Dark Child gave the talentless Jennifer Lopez her first number one. I ain’t letting some nikkas named after a planet fukk up Mike’s comeback album.”