Michael Jackson "Dangerous" is every bit as good as 'Thriller', 'Off the Wall', & 'Bad'

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Not saying it's better, but it's on par with those albums for sure. IMO, all 4 of these album are perfectly interchangeable. But that's another thread.

Michaeljacksondangerous.jpg

This album at the time didn't get the praise it deserved. It was hard/gritty/edgy in it's sound and had the most hip-hop influence & features of any MJ album. It's full of energy. On top of this MJ was discussing social issues & racism and people hated on him for that at the time. And a newer guy by the name of Teddy Riley did most of the production as opposed to a heavyweight name in Quincy Jones.

The other thing that worked against it is, the songs were LONG. You wanna know where Justin Timberlake got that idea to do 6-7 min pop songs? Look at this album....

But make no mistake, this album spawned some huge hits and had NINE songs released as singles. NINE songs! Not a skippable track. Not to mention, one of the best album covers EVER.

Give it another listen if you haven't in a while. :mj:

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
1st.

NO IT ISN'T. Mods delete this thread.

Don't try to play me like that breh. :stopitslime:

Like I said, all of those albums are fantastic for different reasons. So to me they're interchangeable. I never understood the need to pick between OTW and Thriller. They're both different but great for different reasons.

Like picking between a good hamburger and pizza.

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
Agree, criminally underrated just like Invincible. This album showed MJ can just come in and takeover any era of music.

All the new jack swing nikkas was like "finally, some shyt we don't have to worry about MJ being top on",

Just for MJ to put out classics like Remember the time, Jam and Dangerous.

:wow:

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
Don't try to play me like that breh. :stopitslime:

Like I said, all of those albums are fantastic for different reasons. So to me they're interchangeable. I never understood the need to pick between OTW and Thriller. They're both different but great for different reasons.

Like picking between a good hamburger and pizza.

No, I will play you like this. Errbody and they mama knows that Dangerous is the Nastradamus of Mike Jack albums.
It had some jams, but ain't in the league of the albums before it.

You tryina tell me the album with "Jam" on it is on the level as Thriller? The fucc out my face.