Mexico done banned corn from the US

tuckgod

The high exalted
Bushed
Daps
The government for decades has policies which incentivize surpluses. These surpluses are not beneficial for the people or environment. And how is it nonsense? You just gave a reason to back up what I said. You don’t need the amount of corn grown to make HFCS

So.

I get my corn from the farmer’s market like a civilized person.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Because it’s so available

We are creating solutions to a problem of our own making. If we farmed less of it we wouldn’t be poisoning ourselves trying to find profitable uses for it. Watch that video I posted
I wholeheartedly agree with you.

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
Yes, ethanol comes from corn, as well as other starch sources. What are you trying to convey with this post?

Ethanol gas sucks and again, the only reason it’s a thing is bc we have such a surplus of corn people try to do anything with it

Any environmental benefit you get from using ethanol fuels is negated many times over from the harmful farming processes it takes to produce it

Savvir

Veteran
Daps
WHY??? :dahell: is it because it has chemicals GMO???
The corn industry is heavily subsidized by the US government allowing them to offer essay cheaper prices and being able to flood the Mexican market and price out their domestic producers. This move makes sense if Mexico doesn’t want their growers to be crushed.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
WHY??? :dahell: is it because it has chemicals GMO???
They don't want GMO corn saying it's a health risk and goes against their cultural traditions.

They allow the import of gmo corn to feed livestock although they want to gradually phase this out as well

The US is contesting this saying this violates their trade agreement because they have no proof that the corn is a health risk.

The reality is once they bring all the white man's corn in it can hurt the seed diversity of their country and make them reliant on these imports to be able to plant crops. These gmo seeds also come with specific herbicides and fertilizers they have to buy to get the best yields so it's just just a matter of buying seeds and adding water. There's an ecosystem of products they'd become reliant on