Mexico Ain't Winning A Gold Cup with a B/C Squad: Official Gold Cup Mega Thread(Please Sticky)

Who will win the 2017 Gold Cup?

• Costa Rica

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Panama

• El Salvador

• Honduras

• Curacao

• Martinque

• French Guiana

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

QuintessentialBM

GoldenAgeGamer82 - PSN ID
Daps
Reppin
Gamers Paradise
The US did play much better against Costa Rica tho.

I was at the game.... Costa Rica should have scored twice... Ureña should have finished his chance and Brian Ruiz had Omar Gonzalez cooked. Yeah, the US surprisingly dominated possession and created chances, but didn't finish them like like Costa Rica didn't. It could have easily been 2-0 Ticos.

Spade

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC/Texas/Chicago
I was at the game.... Costa Rica should have scored twice... Ureña should have finished his chance and Brian Ruiz had Omar Gonzalez cooked. Yeah, the US surprisingly dominated possession and created chances, but didn't finish them like like Costa Rica didn't. It could have easily been 2-0 Ticos.
Hell it could have been 4-0 US. The US missed a shot off the post in the first minute. The Scire didn't indicate how much the US dominated that game possession wise.

1970s HeRon Flow

Takin Penitentiary Chances
Daps
Reppin
Down Slauson Ave
You think the U.S. has an answer to Jamaica's ultra defensive counter game if they decide that's their game plan for final?

QuintessentialBM

GoldenAgeGamer82 - PSN ID
Daps
Reppin
Gamers Paradise
You think the U.S. has an answer to Jamaica's ultra defensive counter game if they decide that's their game plan for final?

I really don't think there's an answer. I don't think Bruce Arenas would have the team play extra conservative, so Jamaica will have their chances. If Arenas tells the US to sit back and counter like the Jamaicans, then the final would just as miserable as most of the first half of the USA vs Costa Rica match.

The US hasn't been punished(yet) for the defensive mistakes they have made in their matches.... and Jamaica has been sound (most of that has been because of Andre Blake keeping clean sheets, but they've improved defensively since the last cycle). All Jamaica has to do is be more clinical in front of goal. They created good chances against Mexico, but didn't take them well.

My team is mistake prone, especially the back line.... and they have problems against speedy, athletic attacking players, basically the Jamaican team makeup. Always have.

There are a lot of different scenarios that could happen, but I'd say if the US gets a goal lead, they are going to sit on it.

This match could be decided by which keeper plays the best.

Daps
We suck :yeshrug:
Mexico B team can't make it to the Gold Cup Final. And our A team got washed by Germanys C team. Mexico will be forever mediocre to below average team. We don't produce any out of this world talent. Only Mexicans worth a shyt are Tecatito Corona and Carlos Vela right now.

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
I've been out of town, so I didn't get to watch the game last night. But I just woke up and saw Jamaica beat Mexico.

@Cocaine Biceps I was in Mexico last week, and your people seemed so excited. My condolences :francis: