Mexico Ain't Winning A Gold Cup with a B/C Squad: Official Gold Cup Mega Thread(Please Sticky)

Who will win the 2017 Gold Cup?

• Costa Rica

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Panama

• El Salvador

• Honduras

• Curacao

• Martinque

• French Guiana

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

QuintessentialBM

GoldenAgeGamer82 - PSN ID
Daps
Reppin
Gamers Paradise
They should have played this game at Meadowlands :coffee:

They wouldn't do that because.....

1)Mexico is a bigger cash cow than Jamaica, thus they have more control over the sites of these matches and where they play.

2)The turnout wouldn't be the same if they had the game anywhere in the northeast. The Jamaican, nor the Mexican turnout wouldn't be enough to satisfy the money hungry desires of CONCACAF. Wherever the Chicano population is, they show up DEEP to matches, 30-40K deep, EVERY MATCH. So expect Mexico matches to be in the southwest United States or Chicago when it's a CONCACAF match. If it's a FIFA friendly against a big country, then they'll compromise or even bend to the game site.

---------

Jamaica best be grateful that they have their version of Tim Howard in goal for this match.

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
They wouldn't do that because.....

1)Mexico is a bigger cash cow than Jamaica, thus they have more control over the sites of these matches and where they play.

2)The turnout wouldn't be the same if they had the game anywhere in the northeast. The Jamaican, nor the Mexican turnout wouldn't be enough to satisfy the money hungry desires of CONCACAF. Wherever the Chicano population is, they show up DEEP to matches, 30-40K deep, EVERY MATCH. So expect Mexico matches to be in the southwest United States or Chicago when it's a CONCACAF match. If it's a FIFA friendly against a big country, then they'll compromise or even bend to the game site.

---------

Jamaica best be grateful that they have their version of Tim Howard in goal for this match.
The NYC metro has the largest Jamaican population and a large Messican population. It would be fine financially.

Anyway that should have been a red for Mexico

1970s HeRon Flow

Takin Penitentiary Chances
Daps
Reppin
Down Slauson Ave
Normally, I would give Mexico the advantage in a penalty shootout, but Andre Blake may nullify that.

The fukkery if Mexico loses... and in a shootout.
Part of me wants them to loose, tired of watching this team struggle to finish, IDK why they couldn't call up some veteran reinforcements like the USMNT just did :francis:

QuintessentialBM

Daps
Reppin
Gamers Paradise
Part of me wants them to loose, tired of watching this team struggle to finish, IDK why they couldn't call up some veteran reinforcements like the USMNT just did :francis:

I don't think there's any shame in it, but its Mexico and they have a different standard. It wasn't like you didn't play in the Confederations Cup. Those players need rest too.

QuintessentialBM

Daps
Reppin
Gamers Paradise
This Mexican side is overrated...

The only thing they're lacking is a clinical striker. If they had one that was rested on this GC squad, then Mexico would be "goleando" everyone because not only would the striker score, as we've seen throughout this cup run, all of the attacking players would be scoring.

They haven't allowed goals since El Salvador. Pretty good in my opinion.

Edit. Never mind

Last edited:

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
The only thing they're lacking is a clinical striker. If they had one that was rested on this GC squad, then Mexico would be "goleando" everyone because not only would the striker score, as we've seen throughout this cup run, all of the attacking players would be scoring.

They haven't allowed goals since El Salavador. Pretty good in my opinion.

Lol and they just lost...