Metroid Prime 4: Beyond (2025)

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
:yeshrug: I’m not disappointed at what I see. I’m sure it’s going to be a great game. I just have that feeling of “that’s it” lol. After like 8 years and some more that’s it. It would be like if GTA6 showed a mid gameplay trailer. After years of people waiting for it.

Last edited:

Volt

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Rio
The gameplay is my issue as it literally looks no different gameplay wise from the previous games.
Context matters.

This game had a lot of wild bullshyt around its development. Namco had it so fukked up that Nintendo had to throw the whole project in the bushes and start over with Retro. They made sure people knew it was going to be faithful to the Prime Trilogy experience.

The new gameplay elements can wait, the point of intrigue was the story.

People always gotta find some weird nonsensical bullshyt to complain about with Metroid. :stopitslime:

When Dread got announced, people bytched about it being 2D. Now it's because "It looks like a Gamecube game"

Compare Metroid Prime Remastered to the upscaled GC version if y'all are that blind. It's the fukking Switch, what did you expect? 4K? :dahell:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Context matters.

This game had a lot of wild bullshyt around its development. Namco had it so fukked up that Nintendo had to throw the whole project in the bushes and start over with Retro. They made sure people knew it was going to be faithful to the Prime Trilogy experience.

The new gameplay elements can wait, the point of intrigue was the story.

People always gotta find some weird nonsensical bullshyt to complain about with Metroid. :stopitslime:

When Dread got announced, people bytched about it being 2D. Now it's because "It looks like a Gamecube game"

Compare Metroid Prime Remastered to the upscaled GC version if y'all are that blind. It's the fukking Switch, what did you expect? 4K? :dahell:
That’s a weak ass excuse Metroid fans knew in advance what the story was going to be based on the previous endings.

I couldn’t care less about the quality and visuals, so save that for another poster who cares.

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
The game does not look like the AAA offerings on the PS5 or Series X. Duh. That hasn't been Nintendo's lane for 18 years. I don't know what ya'll expect sometimes lol.

This title will almost certainly be a cross-gen release on the Switch 2. Let's see what the game looks like on there before we break out the pitchforks.

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
Spoilers: it will look the same
And if it does, that's fine, it's been in development for 7 years.

I don't know why the Sony stans on this forum even have Nintendo consoles if ya'll want your purchases to look like FF7 Rebirth or GOW Ragnarok. It's like going to Pizza Hut and getting mad when you find out there's no hamburgers on the menu,

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
And if it does, that's fine, it's been in development for 7 years.

I don't know why the Sony stans on this forum even have Nintendo consoles if ya'll want your purchases to look like FF7 Rebirth or GOW Ragnarok. It's like going to Pizza Hut and getting mad when you find out there's no hamburgers on the menu,

I think people are just confused as to why this took an entire generation to look like prime remastered

Mr Clean

Superstar
Daps
I don't know how good you guys were expecting a Switch shooter to look

My only thing is the FOV looks way too tight.

They didn't do enough to make it look like a modern game and not even talking strictly polys. This looks like it coulda been on WiiU 10 years ago.