Metroid Prime 4: Beyond (2025)

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
This.
This looks like a fukking Gamecube game. I'd prefer if they had just made it a Switch 2 exclusive or something idk. shyt looks like something that should've came out 15 years ago.

This. I'm not really a gamer anymore but have been curious for years about how this would look. And it just looks like a Gamecube game. Same gameplay, same visual style, everything. I'm baffled. Looks like the same engine too. 7 years for this? With a next gen console coming out soon...I don't get it.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
This. I'm not really a gamer anymore but have been curious for years about how this would look. And it just looks like a Gamecube game. Same gameplay, same visual style, everything. I'm baffled. Looks like the same engine too. 7 years for this? With a next gen console coming out soon...I don't get it.

The fukked up thing is people celebrate this shyt, talking about “this is why nintendo is great, they manage to put out games on a budget and make a good profit from them, thats how you make a sustainable business! Take notes AAA devs!”

Like yeah, thanks for making us wait 7 years and pay 70 dollars for a game that looks at least two generations old 🙄

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
The fukked up thing is people celebrate this shyt, talking about “this is why nintendo is great, they manage to put out games on a budget and make a good profit from them, thats how you make a sustainable business! Take notes AAA devs!”

Like yeah, thanks for making us wait 7 years and pay 70 dollars for a game that looks at least two generations old 🙄
:russ:I’m happy that we’re finally getting updates on prime 4. But you should already know how things work. Nintendo always been celebrated for shyt Sony and Microsoft couldn’t get away with. I mean TOTK be dropping to sub 30fps, and still gotten 10s across the board. They should’ve saved this game as a launch title for the switch 2.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Yeah, thought they could have shown more footage with how long it's been in development. I've seen some clips away from the stream, that looked sharper but still definitely looks like something that could run on the Switch :skip:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Y'all sound silly calling this a Gamecube game. It's not remotely pushing the envelope visually but it's consistent with the Prime Remaster that looked great and was a smooth 60 FPS

If they give us a new Prime game like that, I'm all for it lol

This looks like a Switch 2 launch game to me
I couldn't care less about the visuals.

The gameplay is my issue as it literally looks no different gameplay wise from the previous games.

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
fukk nintendo :pacspit:
whoa-take-it-easy.gif

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I couldn't care less about the visuals.

The gameplay is my issue as it literally looks no different gameplay wise from the previous games.
I'm sure there are gameplay changes and new systems at work but this is a core Prime experience from Retro by the looks of it. I like that they aren't changing much IMO