Metroid Prime 4: Beyond (2025)

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Retro does good work. I wonder if they were actually working on a Star Fox Racing game like it was rumored, and had to pivot back to Prime after Namco dropped the ball.

Either way, it's for the best as the Prime Remaster was a great way to add QoL and additions like all new textures, while still preserving the core experience. It's an incredible looking Switch game with a solid 60 fps

It's been a long cycle though, and wish we got a new DK game from this team during that time

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Prime was so good gameplay-wise I really don't care if it plays the same. The graphics don't bother me because Retro had top-notch direction and presentation. It looks like it will run at 60fps just like Prime and will keep the same artstyle. If you want better graphics play Returnal on PC with Metroid mod.

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
I think people are just confused as to why this took an entire generation to look like prime remastered
Because it was being designed to run on a console with the Nvidia Tegra X1, which is just hanging on by a thread at this point.

I'm hoping Nintendo takes advantage of their next console's specs to make this game look nicer, but this game, like BOTW, or Dread, or Mario Wonder or Odyssey, will be enjoyed for it's tight gameplay, not for graphics. No surprises here.

Arris

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
That's fine, but it shouldn't have taken 8 years of development if that's the case then.
retro didn't start prime 4. nintendo either was doing it internally or some other company was doing it and they scrapped it

gave it to retro about 4 years ago. whatever was made first was probably hot trash for nintendo to just flush it and take a loss. It'll be hard for this game to make back the time and money spent on it overall, but at least were getting it :manny:

I expected more too, but they obviously went the safe route here. I'd have loved for them to take some inspiration from the recent Doom games

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
This should be a switch 2 launch title ( it will probably still be but they will sell it for 60 again :mjlol: )

No one trying to play this on old ass Switch.

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
This series is one of the most overrated in gaming and this is coming from someone who had Metroid Prime 2 preordered when it first came out.

It's not bad but aggressively mid.
The gameplay is pretty fun, now at least for me there is always a part I get stuck and have to look for a guide, its usually some bullshyt like shooting a random brick to enter a tunel, thats what I hate about these games, specially the old ones.

Daps
Just getting through Metroid Prime remastered is taking awhile..what will this new entry really offer?

The 1st person Metroid feel a little "one and done" to me.

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
:mjcry:Man I wish the Star Fox franchise could get the same love and treatment. It seems like Nintendo doesn’t want to touch that franchise. Unless they have an unnecessary gimmick to sell smh. I get that people aren’t spending 70$ on a on rails shooter these days. But Assault laid out a perfect blueprint to follow.