Method Man Says He's Never Made Any Money From Streaming

Capitol

Did this work
Daps
This op mm bop Streaming bullshyt never paid.

Shame on artist being fooled into the penny stocks of publishing in music that is streaming.

fukk streaming music.

Own your music.

Art Barr
That's the thing, even if he were getting paid, it would be pennies on the dollar. Doubt he's losing sleep over it, but it would be nice to reap the full benefits of what you put out

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
I'm sure a lot of Wu members are tired of past battles among themselves as it is, and just aren't bothering to even look to (re)negotiate streaming agreements, group or solo. Whatever streaming numbers are actually there might not even pay for the lawyers.

Consigliere

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
He has though.

Meth lab vol 1 2 3
If he kept doing that he’d start putting up numbers. And possibly make some $.

We never talk about Nas’ numbers like that, but the main thing the Kings Disease and Magic joints did was keep him in rotation. Look at his numbers and picture what they would be if he hadn’t popped back out.

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY
More proof that numbers don’t really mean shyt. At this point all the legacy acts are signed to a tight knit contract where their labels are still eating off them.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

All Star
Daps
That's interesting

I'm still getting 20 cents a month off my debut classic from 10 years ago :troll:

Method Man was the first rapper I met

Circa December 2010 Wu performed at The Wilbur Theater in Boston, I'm flying high off recent high school graduation and appearance on an MTV reality show (Is She Really Going Out With Him season 3, episode 2)

A ton of people were kicked out that night, and I was literally the first person kicked out ... During their opening song "Wu Tang Clan Ain't Nuthin to fukk With"

Ultra strict no smoking policy. super short, nearly midget build security guard came to kick me out. I barely notice this feint force near my waistline trying to move me. I look over to my right, I see nothing. I look down and I see a midget security guard trying to lift me up. I'm nearly a buck fifty soaking wet, I kind of jump up to help him and he carries me out the place. While out there I begin selling my CDs which I had on me in my blue pleather Avirex vest halfway through the performance Young Dirty b*stard comes out to sell CDs. He mostly ignores me until the end of his sale and tells me some uplifting words about staying on my hustle

The show ends and the entire Wu-Tang Clan vacates the venue and makes their way to the W Hotel which is across the street

Yes, Wu went from the Wilbur to the W on foot

Security is holding people off at the door as they enter

But I've got CDs and I got a blue Avirex veston, so they let me in alongside Wu

In the lobby of the W is a lounge like area they all stayed around there individually before making their way up the elevator

I met every member and put my first mixtape in their hand but I see Method Man and he is with someone and I don't want to interrupt, but she is affable and congenial and she notices me standing at a slight distance looking starstruck .. she tells him "I think there's someone there who wants to meet you" she offers to take a picture for me and I ask Method Man if he will hold my mixtape "as if he is cosigning it", my exact words

He says, ya " ain't no devil shyt on it right?"

He takes the picture but the flash is on and he does some Wu-Tang jedi trick to make the CD case reflection shoot the flash right into the lens, I have the picture but it's hard to see. Its on my Tumblr somewhere

I then hand him my business card and ask him to think of me if any movie roles come up

And I swear that scene in The Babysitter where Jonah Hill does the same thing at the end and Method Man goes "ya if we ever need a crazy white boy to get punched in the face I'll give you a call" - I honestly believe that scene was inspired by this interaction, if he had any input in the writing of that scene it would all but confirm it for me