Method Man Opens Up About His Bouts of Depression: 'It Never Really Goes Away'

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man I like this direction of vulnerability we are getting from our rap heroes. I was just realizing the other day how we need more black men as therapists than rappers. Especially since some of us came from single parent homes helping out mom with no father figures to help us navigate through our traumas. I like how the millennial and gen z generation are realizing how important mental health is. Gen X I find they start it getting as they get older.

Meanwhile a lot of boomers be like what’s mental health.

Last edited:

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
I always think about Kurt Cobain dude was on the top of the world literally got everything he dream for and it did nothing to stop his depression

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Man really happy / proud of Red & Meth for really transforming their image from just potheads into some grown men on their health & wellness journey.

Both seem like really genuine and humble dudes

:salute:

For real, growth as grown men, true Hip Hop heads that love the culture, and most importantly, who cherish their fanbases. :salute:

Pazzy

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Meth is one of the realest ever. :salute: would to meet that man one day just to give him his flowers.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Lost a close friend two nights ago. Was a former Division 1 athlete who co-founded a successful investment firm after college.
Many people were shocked but the close friends were not. Depression led to alcoholism which ultimately led to death.
Salute to Meth. These conversations need to be had and all stigma around depression has to be removed.

Condolences.

Losing your friend.
at any age is a rough and tough walk.

Art Barr

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I wonder if this is why he was hardly on Forever and Tical 2000 was delayed so much:lupe::wow: