Method Man Reveals Why Rare Wu-Tang Clan Album Is “Uncomfortable Subject” For Group ; Update : Cilvaringz Responding in Wu Tang Reddit

LevelUp

Born To Mack
Daps
I think he used to hang around outside RZA's studio in NY trying to get in contact with him back in the very late 90s/early 2000's. Even after he got on he was bootleggin Wu music, beggin on the internet for members albums before release from piracy groups, wanting to be hooked up with downloads for mp3s/leaked/stolen music. He'd offer access to demo's of his debut in exchange which is how the "demo" of his album "I" got out there. With this Once Upon a Time.. album Cilvaringz was doing what he was doing with his debut.. being a hanger-on begging for verses from the clan members that didn't really fukk with him like that and paying a few G's here and there. They all thought they'd just be verses on another extended-distant-wu-fam-but-not-really member's solo.

As time went on he would post on forums and in chat rooms about how he was putting together this album with the original Wu sound with all the members on it and Wu-Fam like a Swarm type deal. Next thing you know RZA's now involved, it's a Clan album, it's a 1 of 1 and it's being auctioned off to the highest bidder.

Cilvaringz is a c*nt. A snakey, untrustworthy c*nt. Not surprised the clan don't fukk with him

It's funny cause it seems nobody likes the guy

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thta's some shady/slave master mentality :camby:

But it’s not. In 98 all the members came to him and said they wanted out of their production deals. He let them out of their deals for free. Letting multiple platinum and gold artists go Scott free is virtually unheard of in the music biz.

At the time Wu-Tang production was valued at $25 million. Without the artist he lost most of the value in his business. The only thing he kept was the group and the W which he has protected. That’s why they can still do arena tours with Nas after all these years. If it wasn’t for his vision, some of the biggest complainers in the group would be starving.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
2 pages in and people are blaming civilringz for something rza confirmed he was a part of and made money on. I don't get it. This dude would NOT have been able to use Wu brand without Rza's permission. Rza was behind this. Civilringz is the puppet head. Rza did a lot of the interviews on it, including the one I posted. So someone tell me again why the this dude is getting all of the blame?

Because RZA wasn't apart of it, until the very end. All he needed was RZA's co-sign to brand it as a Wu's project. This ish was created, signed, completed 100% without RZA's involvement. RZA didn't do any interviews on it until after his own Wu album dropped and the Clan shytted on it. Then he did the press run for this because who is going to interview CilvaRingz? You probably weren't following this in real time...like the years before leading up to when it came out.

You have to do some digging but here's find the interview where Meth says he found out RZA didn't even know about it until before the announcement. Which is what it seemed like in real time. Of course CilvaRingz did some recanting, and scrapping all of the posts related to it.

Why should RZA get any blame? Wu is HIS company, and he makes whatever money off it he pleases. He doesn't have to cut them in on ish....especially since they all decided on their own merit not to be under the umbrella, which initially they were which allowed them to all be paid off the brand. Dudes don't want to be under the brand, but now that the brand makes more money, they want back in.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I also just found this post with this dude pretty much detailing events as he saw them in real time. He tried to gather evidence as well. The only differences between what he said and me, is that he also vilifies RZA for his co-sign and perpetuating the new history.

Tommy Gibbs

All Star
Daps
Because RZA wasn't apart of it, until the very end. All he needed was RZA's co-sign to brand it as a Wu's project. This ish was created, signed, completed 100% without RZA's involvement. RZA didn't do any interviews on it until after his own Wu album dropped and the Clan shytted on it. Then he did the press run for this because who is going to interview CilvaRingz? You probably weren't following this in real time...like the years before leading up to when it came out.

You have to do some digging but here's find the interview where Meth says he found out RZA didn't even know about it until before the announcement. Which is what it seemed like in real time. Of course CilvaRingz did some recanting, and scrapping all of the posts related to it.

Why should RZA get any blame? Wu is HIS company, and he makes whatever money off it he pleases. He doesn't have to cut them in on ish....especially since they all decided on their own merit not to be under the umbrella, which initially they were which allowed them to all be paid off the brand. Dudes don't want to be under the brand, but now that the brand makes more money, they want back in.

and even THEN, Rza could have stopped it, but he chose to make a dollar off of it. Is that right or wrong? So Wu is his brand and nothing happens without his permission in the end, but he not only allowed it to happen, but made a proift off of it, and he's somehow free of all the blame. Once again, look at the documentary when they are3 all talking about it and he's quiet

TrifeGod

Chasing The Dragon
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
I also just found this post with this dude pretty much detailing events as he saw them in real time. He tried to gather evidence as well. The only differences between what he said and me, is that he also vilifies RZA for his co-sign and perpetuating the new history.

This shyt gave me PTSD because I was lurking WTC heavy during this time for music and then I saw that pinned thread about Ringz album smh..he was droppin sample music...telling people who he is trying to get in contact with for verses, actually taking small suggestions etc. ...im mad again

I always knew Rza hands had mud on them as well but my fandom wouldn't let me go in:francis::snoop:

The Dust King

A Childrens Story
Daps
Reppin
the tri-state
i dont even fukk wit @Tommy Gibbs but he is correct af

ima drop 4 fax and dip

1. the album was never not a wutang album feat every member and associate. it was always billed as this and cilvaringz asked forum members opinions and participated with them in real time. this is a FAN made album which is why it sounds so good.

2. nobody in this thread heard the album i believe except me, i say its the best album since wutang forever

3 . after RZA herd the album he realized what it was and agreed to just have 1 copy, so blame RZA the architect leave cilvaringz alone yall sound like weirdos

4. this interview is old, all members will be getting royalties now that the album is gon a drop. it was one of the major talking points while i listened to the album

@Danie84

Last edited:

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It baffles me how Creative Astute Brothas willingly let a leech enter their circle and damage their stature:lupe::ehh: