Method Man Reveals Why Rare Wu-Tang Clan Album Is “Uncomfortable Subject” For Group ; Update : Cilvaringz Responding in Wu Tang Reddit

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But they got paid for the verses right? Tired of these dudes complaining when they got their releases in 26 years ago. Really, the only reason majority of them eating is because RZA and his brother protected the brand when the biggest complainers were running to the media to tarnish the W.

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Rza allowed for this to happen and benefited off of the sale too
RZA put all of em on, Cilvaringz didn't. RZA can do whatever he wants with anything related to Wu for the rest of his life, he's earned that. Wu is his. Cilvaringz can't.

Tommy Gibbs

All Star
Daps
RZA put all of em on, Cilvaringz didn't. RZA can do whatever he wants with anything related to Wu for the rest of his life, he's earned that. Wu is his. Cilvaringz can't.
i know that, but Rza profited off the sale of the album too :russ: . He was in on it. He was out there promoting it and got paid too. Why do you think he's not mad? When it was discussed on the documentary and everyone was shytting on it, Rza was noticeably quiet. RZA was behind the whole thing and Civilringz gets the blame for it. That's surprising.

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
So Wu-Tang let someone they ain't come up with, shark they shyt?

And there hasn't been more of a public outcry?

Red

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think he used to hang around outside RZA's studio in NY trying to get in contact with him back in the very late 90s/early 2000's. Even after he got on he was bootleggin Wu music, beggin on the internet for members albums before release from piracy groups, wanting to be hooked up with downloads for mp3s/leaked/stolen music. He'd offer access to demo's of his debut in exchange which is how the "demo" of his album "I" got out there. With this Once Upon a Time.. album Cilvaringz was doing what he was doing with his debut.. being a hanger-on begging for verses from the clan members that didn't really fukk with him like that and paying a few G's here and there. They all thought they'd just be verses on another extended-distant-wu-fam-but-not-really member's solo.

As time went on he would post on forums and in chat rooms about how he was putting together this album with the original Wu sound with all the members on it and Wu-Fam like a Swarm type deal. Next thing you know RZA's now involved, it's a Clan album, it's a 1 of 1 and it's being auctioned off to the highest bidder.

Cilvaringz is a c*nt. A snakey, untrustworthy c*nt. Not surprised the clan don't fukk with him

Formerly Black Trash

Daps
Reppin
Na
I think he used to hang around outside RZA's studio in NY trying to get in contact with him back in the very late 90s/early 2000's. Even after he got on he was bootleggin Wu music, beggin on the internet for members albums before release from piracy groups, wanting to be hooked up with downloads for mp3s/leaked/stolen music. He'd offer access to demo's of his debut in exchange which is how the "demo" of his album "I" got out there. With this Once Upon a Time.. album Cilvaringz was doing what he was doing with his debut.. being a hanger-on begging for verses from the clan members that didn't really fukk with him like that and paying a few G's here and there. They all thought they'd just be verses on another extended-distant-wu-fam-but-not-really member's solo.

As time went on he would post on forums and in chat rooms about how he was putting together this album with the original Wu sound with all the members on it and Wu-Fam like a Swarm type deal. Next thing you know RZA's now involved, it's a Clan album, it's a 1 of 1 and it's being auctioned off to the highest bidder.

Cilvaringz is a c*nt. A snakey, untrustworthy c*nt. Not surprised the clan don't fukk with him
If RZA involved can't you the same for him?

And it's shameful, there's no reason he should have been able to finesse

Red

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If RZA involved can't you the same for him?

And it's shameful, there's no reason he should have been able to finesse

Yeah I can see that argument. Wu is RZA's, he can do what he wants with that logo.. but you'd like to think he'd run it by the clan seeing how it reflects on them too to some degree. Even more so in this case because we're talking about their work, their words, their art being used in a manner they weren't aware of nor kept abreast of.

En Sabah Nur

The First
Daps
Reppin
Survival of the fittest

Cilvaringz is a super stan that got access. He is also the sole moderator of the official Wu forum, which all but dead these days. Threads from a month ago on the first page

Formerly Black Trash

Daps
Reppin
Na
Yeah I can see that argument. Wu is RZA's, he can do what he wants with that logo.. but you'd like to think he'd run it by the clan seeing how it reflects on them too to some degree. Even more so in this case because we're talking about their work, their words, their art being used in a manner they weren't aware of nor kept abreast of.
With an outsider!

Everyone in Wu-Tang should be blasting this out

I never knew about it

Tommy Gibbs

All Star
Daps
2 pages in and people are blaming civilringz for something rza confirmed he was a part of and made money on. I don't get it. This dude would NOT have been able to use Wu brand without Rza's permission. Rza was behind this. Civilringz is the puppet head. Rza did a lot of the interviews on it, including the one I posted. So someone tell me again why the this dude is getting all of the blame?