Metal Gear Solid: Master Collection Vol 1 ( PS5, Xbox, Switch and Steam)

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
@head shots101 @The Devil's Advocate

What I mean by the game not having an ending is that the game did not have the INTENDED ending.
What @The Devil's Advocate is describing is what was pieced together by fans of the series along with the unfinished cutscenes from the entire chapter that was cut by Konami.

Kojima wanted an infinite budget and infinite timeline.
Konami said screw that, pulled the plug, and released the game in its unfinished state.

For fans of the series, what MGSVTPP delivered was just enough for us to piece together how it all fit with the rest of the series.
That doesn't change that MGSVTPP was released in an unfinished state.

I feel like the game is old enough to forego spoiler tags but here goes anyway...

All of the cut content would have been amazing. We were SUPPOSED to actually follow Liquid and have a battle for Metal Gear. We would have seen more of the dynamic between Liquid and Psycho Mantis.

They have the unfinished cutscenes on the Blu Ray disc that came with the collector's edition so none of this is fan theory.

I haven't seen this scene you mentioned @The Devil's Advocate
"The ending of MGSV shows the clone opening up the doors and running out to face........... Solid Snake in the final boss fight from MG1..then the camera cuts off"

MGSVTPP has 2 endings if I recall correctly. The one where Venom is on his motorcycle and it cuts to the revelation of his identity and the one where Quiet saves Venom by speaking.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
:ufdup:
Venom/Punished Snake was a body double of Big Boss/Naked Snake. Solid, Liquid, and Solidus are clones of Big Boss/Naked Snake.
You're right... So in this game, you play as Venom/Punished Snake

@head shots101 @The Devil's Advocate

What I mean by the game not having an ending is that the game did not have the INTENDED ending.
What @The Devil's Advocate is describing is what was pieced together by fans of the series along with the unfinished cutscenes from the entire chapter that was cut by Konami.

Kojima wanted an infinite budget and infinite timeline.
Konami said screw that, pulled the plug, and released the game in its unfinished state.

For fans of the series, what MGSVTPP delivered was just enough for us to piece together how it all fit with the rest of the series.
That doesn't change that MGSVTPP was released in an unfinished state.

I feel like the game is old enough to forego spoiler tags but here goes anyway...

All of the cut content would have been amazing. We were SUPPOSED to actually follow Liquid and have a battle for Metal Gear. We would have seen more of the dynamic between Liquid and Psycho Mantis.

They have the unfinished cutscenes on the Blu Ray disc that came with the collector's edition so none of this is fan theory.

I haven't seen this scene you mentioned @The Devil's Advocate
"The ending of MGSV shows the clone opening up the doors and running out to face........... Solid Snake in the final boss fight from MG1..then the camera cuts off"

MGSVTPP has 2 endings if I recall correctly. The one where Venom is on his motorcycle and it cuts to the revelation of his identity and the one where Quiet saves Venom by speaking.
What you saying about the CUT cutscenes is right.. And about the extra content that was supposed to be there.. This wasn't the TRUE ending

But it is in the game, not just on bluray, as the HIDDEN ending:

Episode 46 – Truth: The Man Who Sold The World

The truth is revealed after completion of Episode 43 – Shining Lights, Even in Death. In the post-game, complete any important Side Ops or optional missions until these are unlocked.

Not every mission must be completed — all but four main missions are required to unlock Episode 46. This means you can skip any [Extreme] boss battles. All important main missions up to Episode 43 are required, but Episode 45 is not required to unlock this ending.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
You're right... So in this game, you play as Venom/Punished Snake

What you saying about the CUT cutscenes is right.. And about the extra content that was supposed to be there.. This wasn't the TRUE ending

But it is in the game, not just on bluray, as the HIDDEN ending:

Episode 46 – Truth: The Man Who Sold The World

The truth is revealed after completion of Episode 43 – Shining Lights, Even in Death. In the post-game, complete any important Side Ops or optional missions until these are unlocked.

Not every mission must be completed — all but four main missions are required to unlock Episode 46. This means you can skip any [Extreme] boss battles. All important main missions up to Episode 43 are required, but Episode 45 is not required to unlock this ending.

I'm familiar with the ending you posted. I saw it in game.
I've never seen a part with "the clone opening up the doors and running out to face........... Solid Snake in the final boss fight from MG1..then the camera cuts off" like you said.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I'm familiar with the ending you posted. I saw it in game.
I've never seen a part with "the clone opening up the doors and running out to face........... Solid Snake in the final boss fight from MG1..then the camera cuts off" like you said.
I described what you're seeing but let me explain....

The body double (cause he's not a clone) in that video is in Outer Heaven (you can see it behind him) and the number on the tape he plays is the same mission number from MG1. And it's Big Boss on the tape, telling the body double (Venom Snake) that Solid Snake is coming for him. He turns around, opens the door (since he's in the bathroom) and goes out to handle that business (Solid Snake)....

“Big Boss sends a tape with two recorded audios. The first one Venom Snake plays is the big reveal, “From the Man Who Sold the World”. After finishing playback Venom Snake flips the tape to notice the tag, and from what us the viewers can see, it reads “Operation Intrude N3..”. Yes, Snake’s first mission, given by Big Boss. After hitting play you see the camera transition to a bloody Big Boss. We have been transported to 1995 when “Operation Intrude N313” takes place. Looking at the mirror you may see the emblem of Outer Heaven when it was previously Diamond Dogs. This meaning that Mother Base turns out to be Outer Heaven from Metal Gear (1987). At first glance it all comes across as Venom Snake turns a villain for whatever reason, but close analyzing must be made. For us viewers the tape plays a one line sound, but for Venom it’s his next mission planned out by the one and only Big Boss. In other words Venom Snake is not a villain, he is just playing his role assigned by Big Boss. There is no explanation on why Venom Snake turns villain because he didn’t.

Big Boss planned out the whole incident that was in 1995.

I hope this explains to those who are lost. If I’m missing something or got something wrong please correct me.”

Last edited:

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
:unimpressed:It’s crazy how Kojima completely missed the opportunity. Since we were building our own base. That at the endgame we build our own Outer Heaven. And infiltrate it as a young Solid Snake during mission n313. Let Venom Snake and DD be a boss battle.

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
:unimpressed:It’s crazy how Kojima completely missed the opportunity. Since we were building our own base. That at the endgame we build our own Outer Heaven. And infiltrate it as a young Solid Snake during mission n313. Let Venom Snake and DD be a boss battle.

That would have been a dope way to end the game, like how RDR and RDR2 lets you play as a different character in the final missions. But that scope creep hit this game so hard it would have never been possible.

Making metal gear open world was just a gigantic waste of time. There is nothign gained from having to run back and forth to the helicopter across empty terrain to the actual game section of the map

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
That would have been a dope way to end the game, like how RDR and RDR2 lets you play as a different character in the final missions. But that scope creep hit this game so hard it would have never been possible.

Making metal gear open world was just a gigantic waste of time. There is nothign gained from having to run back and forth to the helicopter across empty terrain to the actual game section of the map
:unimpressed:Agree TPP should’ve just been big hub areas. With good level design, and different routes/ways to tackle an objective. Like Ground Zeroes and the new Hitman games. Instead we got 2 big empty sandboxes with a few good bases to infiltrate.

Last edited:

Superkick Party

Atlus / Ryū ga Gotoku
Daps
Reppin
Hub City

F6pt-3SaAAMnhqE