Metal Gear Solid: Master Collection Vol 1 ( PS5, Xbox, Switch and Steam)

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
This man didnt even rerecord his voices for the collection, what exactly is he doing promo for. smh. I guess its about the same as doing a cameo clip

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
I didn't know about the japan or trying to change shyt up... Keefer did like 20 hours of tapes if you find them all, so talking wasn't the issue. I also never understood the Hayder change...

Then you find out it's not a clone, but just some other regular ass nikka that they suped up and made believe he's snake.. He's literally doing his best Snake impression, but to my knowledge, they didn't give him a new voice box..

So that was always a "ooooooooooooh shyt that's why they changed actors... now it makes sense"

But if that's not the case, then yea, that was stupid as fukk and a waste of time/money/resources
Yeah Kojima been trying to replace Hayter as the English voice actor for Snake. So much that Hayter had to re-audition for MGS3 and MGS4. Kojima wanted a big Hollywood actor like Kurt Russell lol. Hayter wasn’t even informed that he was replaced or that MGS5 was even being made. And once he found out that Kiefer was replacing him. He said he was ok with it but was disappointed, that nobody told him before MGS5’s announcement. Hayter even met Kiefer in a restaurant some time after the game released. And Kiefer said he had a hard time even remembering the game lol. Hayter loved the MGS franchise even giving up half of his paycheck. In order to get the OG MGS1 cast back for the Twin Snakes recording. But at the end of day MGS is Kojima’s franchise, and he calls the shots.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Yeah Kojima been trying to replace Hayter as the English voice actor for Snake. So much that Hayter had to re-audition for MGS3 and MGS4. Kojima wanted a big Hollywood actor like Kurt Russell lol. Hayter wasn’t even informed that he was replaced or that MGS5 was even being made. And once he found out that Kiefer was replacing him. He said he was ok with it but was disappointed, that nobody told him before MGS5’s announcement. Hayter even met Kiefer in a restaurant some time after the game released. And Kiefer said he had a hard time even remembering the game lol. Hayter loved the MGS franchise even giving up half of his paycheck. In order to get the OG MGS1 cast back for the Twin Snakes recording. But at the end of day MGS is Kojima’s franchise, and he calls the shots.
Damn I never knew any of that.. Did that man dirty and in turn got done dirty and lost the franchise

Look at God

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
I've never understood the level of hate twin snakes gets. Other than the cheesy cutscenes and a few soundtrack changes, it's just mgs with mgs2 mechanics.

It wasn't the best remake ever, but people act like that game should never be re-released.

Game wasn't THAT damn bad.

Womb Raider

movin' thru the city streets
Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
I've never understood the level of hate twin snakes gets. Other than the cheesy cutscenes and a few soundtrack changes, it's just mgs with mgs2 mechanics.

It wasn't the best remake ever, but people act like that game should never be re-released.

I thought it was damn good, IMO. Didn’t know it was hated until I came to the coli. I actually have it on my MegaBigPenis.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
I thought it was damn good, IMO. Didn’t know it was hated until I came to the coli. I actually have it on my MegaBigPenis.
It's universally hated for some reason, to the point alot of people feel like it should be forgotten.

The game flopped as an exclusive on a console not many people owned. I feel like it deserves a remaster.

Womb Raider

Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
It's universally hated for some reason, to the point alot of people feel like it should be forgotten.

The game flopped as an exclusive on a console not many people owned. I feel like it deserves a remaster.
Hmm okay maybe being a GC exclusive played into its reception. I think it should be remastered as well. No way in hell should MGS1 from PS fukking 1 should be re-released in 2023 unless it was totally remade from the ground up.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven

Gameplay wasn't bad at all but for me the re-recording of the voice acting was a cardinal sin.
It definitely deserves to be included in one of the collections.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Gameplay wasn't bad at all but for me the re-recording of the voice acting was a cardinal sin.
It definitely deserves to be included in one of the collections.
The voice acting was re-recorded with the original cast from Metal Gear Solid, except for the role of the Cyborg Ninja. David Hayter, the English voice of Solid Snake, persuaded Konami Computer Entertainment Japan to have the original voice cast reprise their roles. The main reason for the re-recording, according to an interview with Hayter, was because the increased audio quality allowed by the GameCube picked up outside noise from the original recordings that were inaudible in the PlayStation version.

They had no choice... If Hayter didn't step up, they'd had a whole new cast do the shyt which would have been even worse

Womb Raider

Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
The voice acting was re-recorded with the original cast from Metal Gear Solid, except for the role of the Cyborg Ninja. David Hayter, the English voice of Solid Snake, persuaded Konami Computer Entertainment Japan to have the original voice cast reprise their roles. The main reason for the re-recording, according to an interview with Hayter, was because the increased audio quality allowed by the GameCube picked up outside noise from the original recordings that were inaudible in the PlayStation version.

They had no choice... If Hayter didn't step up, they'd had a whole new cast do the shyt which would have been even worse
so twin snakes didn’t even earn the hate it received :patrice: