Metal Gear 30 year anniversary (Series appreciation thread)

x-factor7

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
My favorite series as well. I bought the MGS Legacy collection 1st day even though I own all the games.
I would be there day one if they released a legacy collection for PS4.

I love MGS2 by the way. That intro :wow: I've replayed the tanker mission like 50 times.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Notice how the naysayers to what I said haven't posted a worthwhile response to me :sas2:
Idk what MGS game you played but MGSV is by far the best stealth/action game ever. Not sure how you can seriously put any splinter cell game on that level. SC:BL was good but that shyt isn't really seeing MGSV on pretty much any level.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Idk what MGS game you played but MGSV is by far the best stealth/action game ever. Not sure how you can seriously put any splinter cell game on that level. SC:BL was good but that shyt isn't really seeing MGSV on pretty much any level.
I went back and played the splinter cell games on 360 after I beat MGSV and those games absolutely pale in comparison. The whole game feels dated as hell and the story isn't even in the same ballpark as MGS. Splinter doesn't have a single game with the impact of MGS1 let alone MGS3 or MGSV. That's cool if you like Splinter Cell, but let's not pretend MGS didn't establish itself as the gold standard for the genre. Miss me with all that, splits above people's heads in the hallway. Show me moments in splinter cell that are more memorable than facing metal gear, or the boss fights in MGS 1 - 3.

The Plug

plug couldnt trust you now u cant trust the plug
Daps
MGSV is by far the best stealth/action game ever
Wrong. Chaos theory is a better stealth game than every MGS game to the point that MGSV plays like a splinter cell game.

The whole game feels dated as hell and the story isn't even in the same ballpark as MGS
that's because MGS has a retarded story

Daps
MGS3 is the greatest game of all time that Boss Salute :wow:. I enjoyed 4 and 5 also just wish they released the complete version of 5. They can't leave us like this :mjcry:

Jimmy ValenTime

A really good Lawyer
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx

this might be the greatest fan made project on youtube

a MG fox engine game with this as the post credit would be perfect

i hope capcom or sony just buy the metal gear rights from Konami

teacher

All Star
Daps
Wrong. Chaos theory is a better stealth game than every MGS game to the point that MGSV plays like a splinter cell game.

that's because MGS has a retarded story

Can you throw hands in splinter cell like MGS if you STILL can't then :snooze:

Jimmy ValenTime

A really good Lawyer
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
i feel metal gear as a series is not perfect but the mixture of the voice acting +Sci-fi + the military

this is the first time in a console games you had voice actors really try and emote

and the sci-fi element raise it above like a syphon filiter/ modern warfare game type game

kojimi striving to do big themes and be critical of the way the united states has conducted military espionage while having you play as a military spy ...