Metal Gear 30 year anniversary (Series appreciation thread)

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps
GOAT theme song of any game :wow:

giphy.gif

Magnificent

Decent franchise.

Hitman and Splinter Cell are better stealth games however.

4bUV7Ls.gif

Thank you for your contribution to this thread

Grand Eeezus Maxwell

"Time is when, God....lounge!!"
Daps
Reppin
Triple Six Mile
All yall nikkas sleeping on this game right here. Without this there is no Metal Gear Solid. Top 3 game in the ENTIRE MG series. But Imma let yall cook though. :sas1:

830050-mg2_cover.png

I have the MGS collection, but never got around to finishing MG2. I watched a stream of its final minutes the other night, and it was mad sophisticated for its time. Guarantee if this was released on NES it would be considered one of the greatest games ever. So many staples of the series started here.

Lord Bison

Superstar
Daps
I have the MGS collection, but never got around to finishing MG2. I watched a stream of its final minutes the other night, and it was mad sophisticated for its time. Guarantee if this was released on NES it would be considered one of the greatest games ever. So many staples of the series started here.

You told no lies breh. :salute:

If MG2 was released on the NES it would have undoubtedly been labeled as the goat. A SNES/Sega version would have been even better. It had everything that MGS1 had just in top down form. It's crazy to think a game that sophisticated was made in 1990.

You cheating yourself not playing MG2 :ufdup:

Mac071415

Go spurs
Daps
Reppin
Texas
I got the collection as well. How the fukk do you access the original metal gears ? Funny thing is I have the legacy collection. And the hd collection, as well as hard copies of all the other ones. With the exception of the nes ones.

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A damn fukking Shame how MGS5 was unfinished, the gameplay was more fun on that game than most and was truly the most freedom iv ever had in a game when deciding how to finish a mission, got the platinum and enjoyed every minute of it, just a downer on what it could of been story wise.

And of course MGS 1, 3, 4 are classics too...shyt I even played through 2 a good 4 or 5 times.

Edit: smfh at "Splinter Cell and Hitman being better stealth games" :russ:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
A damn fukking Shame how MGS5 was unfinished, the gameplay was more fun on that game than most and was truly the most freedom iv ever had in a game when deciding how to finish a mission, got the platinum and enjoyed every minute of it, just a downer on what it could of been story wise.

And of course MGS 1, 3, 4 are classics too...shyt I even played through 2 a good 4 or 5 times.

Edit: smfh at "Splinter Cell and Hitman being better stealth games" :russ:
That's just liquid being liquid. He has this high brow "I'm above the Arcadium" attitude where in his mind he's the leading authority on all things. Put a little pressure on him and he'll pack his bags and hide.