Meta dropping Twitter competitor on Thursday

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
cf7Ex0O.png

Wait a minute, my dude. That screen cap looks like mastodon. You on that?!?! :salute:

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Wait a minute, my dude. That screen cap looks like mastodon. You on that?!?! :salute:

i'm not on registered on any mastodon instance but I have been lurking there for a while but more often now ever since twitter content got locked behind a login.

been posting mastodon screencaps for months tho.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven

Now he is suing the lawfirm that represented Twitter when they were trying to force him to complete the purchase. Yeah, this dude is freaking out. :lolbron: He is really feeling that loss of 44 bill.

It's really funny because I never lose sight of this... It's the most important part of the entire Twitter saga..

All his fans swear he is some mastermind with a plan for Twitter to go straight to the top... People with brains remember that he was just bullshytting about buying it, then got roped into it cause he couldn't walk it back, then tried to back out too late by saying fukk it, too many bots... And was FORCED to buy this piece of shyt...

He never wanted it, planned on buying it, or had a plan to do something with it and it clearly shows as the stock is going down down down since he bought it

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Now he is suing the lawfirm that represented Twitter when they were trying to force him to complete the purchase. Yeah, this dude is freaking out. :lolbron: He is really feeling that loss of 44 bill.

social media companies have very limited ways to generate revenue, his associations alone to the alt right guarantees twitter will be a money pit for the forceeable future.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

social media companies have very limited ways to generate revenue, his associations alone to the alt right guarantees twitter will be a money pit for the forceeable future.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's really funny because I never lose sight of this... It's the most important part of the entire Twitter saga..

All his fans swear he is some mastermind with a plan for Twitter to go straight to the top... People with brains remember that he was just bullshytting about buying it, then got roped into it cause he couldn't walk it back, then tried to back out too late by saying fukk it, too many bots... And was FORCED to buy this piece of shyt...

He never wanted it, planned on buying it, or had a plan to do something with it and it clearly shows as the stock is going down down down since he bought it
remember he didnt pay it for it all himself, i wonder if his investors are pressing him. maybe thats why spacex is going public soon, a lot of those investors are also in spacex

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
remember he didnt pay it for it all himself, i wonder if his investors are pressing him. maybe thats why spacex is going public soon, a lot of those investors are also in spacex
They been pressing him for a minute... Well I don't know about Twitter investors.. But the Tesla investors were pissed about his time being spent there and their stocks dropping at one point cause the shyt he was saying/doing

bnew

Veteran
Daps

Instagram’s Threads app reaches 100 million users within just five days​

Ivan Mehta@indianidle / 3:12 AM EDT•July 10, 2023
Comment
Image of Threads, an Instagram app in the app store with twitter, whatsapp, instagram and facebook logos in the background

Image Credits: DeFodi Images / Contributor / Getty Images

Instagram’s text-based app Threads has achieved the mark of 100 million sign-ups in just five days. The Twitter rival was launched on June 6 (or June 5 in the Americas), according to a tracker.

Mark Zuckerberg noted on the first day that the app attracted 2 million sign-ups in two hours, 5 million sign-ups in four hours, and 10 million registered users in seven hours. The next morning, the CEO of Meta noted that more than 30 million people had signed up to try the new app. Threads’ growth is noteworthy given that it hasn’t even launched in the EU yet because of privacy reasons.

Until now, OpenAI’s ChatGPT bot had the distinction of being one of the fastest-growing consumer products by achieving 10 million daily users in 40 days and 100 million monthly users in nearly two months. Given that this is the first month for Threads, it has already crossed the milestone of 100 million monthly active users. But keeping users on the platform will be the real challenge.

While many folks are trying out Meta’s new text-focused social platform, there are some missing features. Notably, the app doesn’t have support for ActivityPub — the protocol used for posts on decentralized networks. While Meta said it is working on it, until the integration rolls out, the app won’t really be part of the Fediverse.

Apart from that, the app has a read-only web interface, no support for post search, direct messages, hashtags, and no “Following” feed. Because of Instagram’s rules, the app doesn’t allow nudity on its platform — something which another Twitter alternative Bluesky embraces.

Nevertheless, reaching 100 million users in such a short time is no small feat. So it looks like Threads is here to stay.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
zXF1q9h.png

AStrangeName

Member of Snitch Syndication
Daps
zXF1q9h.png

We're getting an edit button on the house? Yeah, it's joever.