Meta dropping Twitter competitor on Thursday

Breh13

Smh.
Supporter
Daps
If threads stays away from politics it’ll be good for the fact you won’t have the left and right extremists doing too much but I wonder what the con of that is….. a lot of people (most?) love at least reading the back and forths
Nah it needs all categories. Twitter pre-Muskrat was a decent platform. Politics is heavily engaging content, A massive part of twitter that drove its growth.

You could tweak your timelines to have all content that interests you. I rarely saw fukkery. Just breaking news, sports, games, tech. All gone now.

Last edited:

bnew

Veteran
Daps
BhU7JOk.png

KqdiVnE.png

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
BhU7JOk.png

KqdiVnE.png

lol exactly I knew I wasn't crazy :russ:

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
So explain this to a layman? Are they just squatting on handles? That’s what it sounds like.
in a way yeah but it's normal for a company like this
the threads account is pretty much your instagram account down to how the algorithm works. that's why that's guy's friend could see him even though he doesn't have one.
it's pretty much basic for companies with a log of existing accounts. game accounts do it all the time.
the instagram account is becoming like the Apple ID for Meta
but to act like the 70 million sign ups are all completely "new" signups is just marketing. they're not really new organic signups.