Mercedez-Benz is now putting horsepower behind a subscription

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Trust, People WILL find ways to unlock that power without paying a subscription :youngsabo:
You know anyone that has cracked an EV yet?

They can barely crack any new GM products at the moment. You still can't tune a C8 Corvette.

And would you want to nuke the warranty of the $90K+ EV you just bought? No one outside of a dealer is touching them right now.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
People are outraged by everything these days lol.

This is a good thing if you can’t immediately afford the car specification/model you want.
:blessed:

*Buys car*

*Gets a promotion*

*Wants more power from their car without wanting to buy an entirely new car*

*Tosses Mercedes $100/month for another 100hp, saving himself having to buy/trade another car for better performance*

*Decides he doesn't need power. Stops subscription, back to normal power, warranty still intact and no having to pay mechanic to return car back to stock*

:myman:

Last edited:

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin

*Buys car*

*Gets a promotion*

*Tosses Mercedes $100/month for another 100hp, saving himself having to buy/trade another car for better performance*

*Decides he doesn't need power. Stops subscription, back to normal power, warranty still intact and no having to pay mechanic to return car back to stock*

What if they purposely lower the base HP and have you pay extra for some sht you should have had anyways?

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
What if they purposely lower the base HP and have you pay extra for some sht you should have had anyways?
What's the point? They have no reason to detune their car enough to hurt them vs the competition.

They still have to compete against others on standard hp, 0-60, and other performance metrics.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
People are outraged by everything these days lol.

This is a good thing if you can’t immediately afford the car specification/model you want.

*Buys car*

*Gets a promotion*

I love this ignorance. Big corporations aren't to be trusted, sounds like y'all hand need to be burned touchin the stove.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I love this ignorance. Big corporations aren't to be trusted, sounds like y'all hand need to be burned touchin the stove.
I used to work for BMW. Been to the HQ in New Jersey many times. I know what the product planners are taking into consideration when making a decision like this.

The idea works because they know people will want more power without jumping up to the next higher model and/or ruining their warranty by adding/changing parts. Pure profit and the customer gets a deal. WIn win.

Veteran
Daps
I used to work for BMW. Been to the HQ in New Jersey many times. I know what the product planners are taking into consideration when making a decision like this.

The idea works because they know people will want more power without jumping up to the next higher model and/or ruining their warranty by adding/changing parts. Pure profit and the customer gets a deal. WIn win.

If only I had a dollar for everytime this was said.

It's gone be win win alight. Big Corp + Gullible customers

2a0.gif

eddy-murphy-smile.gif

Veteran
Daps

What's the point? They have no reason to detune their car enough to hurt them vs the competition.

They still have to compete against others on standard hp, 0-60, and other performance metrics.

Yeah it's not like all the oil companies didn't get together and schemed.

Just like all the car companies didn't make big government design America to be accessible by vehicle only.

Big Corporations + Gullible Customers
2a0.gif

giphy-downsized-large.gif