Mercedez-Benz is now putting horsepower behind a subscription

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
OR you can add on parts to make your engine output more HP...:stopitslime: these companies are putting limiters on the engine and charging you to unlock them like DLC....LIKE I JUST SAID... :comeon:an

Pretty sure you can buy this upgrade outright as well as subscribing. No different than a Ford Performance Power Pack.

Again, your engine is already limited from the factory regardless of what uou buy. No car is fully optimized for full performance from the factory.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
And those parts can void your warranty.

Pretty sure you can buy this upgrade outright as well as subscribing. No different than a Ford Performance Power Pack.

who cares about voiding your warranty its your car do what you want with it...:what:

What pisses me off is people like you giving them a pass. no one here should be giving them a pass!!!:mindblown:

bnew

Veteran
Daps
i feel like this opens them up to massive liability because you can't drive that fast in certain places and they are explicitly enabling the functionality of increased speed instead of keeping the status quo.

Last edited:

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
who cares about voiding your warranty its your car do what you want with it...:what:

What pisses me off is people like you giving them a pass. no one here should be giving them a pass!!!:mindblown:
A lot of people care. Most people care.

I don’t understand what you’re talking about “pass”.

You pay for extra power from the factory regardless. That’s what different engines and trim levels are for.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
A lot of people care. Most people care.

I don’t understand what you’re talking about “pass”.

You pay for extra power from the factory regardless. That’s what different engines and trim levels are for.

I don't pay for extra power from the factory... :childplease: :mjlol: you willingly letting these companies fukk you in the ass for something you can literally DIY

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I don't pay for extra power from the factory... :childplease: :mjlol: you willingly letting these companies fukk you in the ass for something you can literally DIY
Do you drive the base model of your car?

If you don't, you paid for more power.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Do you drive the base model of your car?

If you don't, you paid for more power.

If I dont I paid willingly to boost my HP, it DOESNT SIT BEHIND AN ARTIFICIAL PAYWALL THAT I HAVE TO PAY A SUBSCRIPTION TO UNLOCK THO!!!!:what:

what part of that do you not understand???:what: why you fighting so hard for these companies to fukk you in the ass??

:snoop: i dont understand people who like corporations fukking their customers over....

Last edited:

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
If I dont I paid willingly to boost my HP, it DOESNT SIT BEHIND AN ARTIFICIAL PAYWALL THAT I HAVE TO PAY A SUBSCRIPTION TO UNLOCK THO!!!!:what:

what part of that do you not understand???:what: why you fighting so hard for these companies to fukk you in the ass??
You don't have to pay a subscription, you can buy the boost outright.

Again, there is power to be unlocked from a factory tune on an ICE car as the factory has not given you the top horsepower possible.

-> That's why they sell things like this. <-

Regardless, no one is modifying EV's in the aftermarket. So this is the only real way to gain power as an EV owner.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY

Again, there is power to be unlocked from a factory tune on an ICE car as the factory has not given you the top horsepower possible.

Regardless, no one is modifying EV's in the aftermarket. So this is the only real way to gain power as an EV owner.

:beli:

DatBoiHawk

HAWK
Daps
Reppin
Houston

:what: just stop bro

keon

imma hitta by myself
Supporter
Daps
Trust, People WILL find ways to unlock that power without paying a subscription :youngsabo:

The Observer

All Star
Daps
I don’t see the problem. Before, you had to make modifications or pay to upgrade to the next highest model for that much power.

With this, just pay for your power. You can also buy the package outright.
People are outraged by everything these days lol.

This is a good thing if you can’t immediately afford the car specification/model you want.