Mercedez-Benz is now putting horsepower behind a subscription

Schadenfreude

All Star
Daps
BMW has done that for a few years with heated seats. Lexus does something similar with remote start. (To be fair, the app tracks the car if it's stolen among other things as well; so if you do buy one that has app access, once the complimentary app subscription runs out, the car still has remote start since it's wired for it -- you'll just have to ask a tech at the dealership how to use it via your key fob)

ryderldb

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ridiculous and fukking hate that more and more car companies are jumping into this bullshyt. Also, irked me that the chick scoffed at just being a second faster. Her stupid ass doesn't realize how much faster a car is to shave a full second off of a 0-60 times.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I don’t see the problem. Before, you had to make modifications or pay to upgrade to the next highest model for that much power.

With this, just pay for your power. You can also buy the package outright.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
:childplease: :childplease: :childplease: Who's man's is this????
Again, whats the problem?

You have an option you didn’t have before. You bought the car with 300hp. Mercedes offers you the option for 90 more and you’re mad?

Their gas powered 300hp car doesn’t have that option. You’d need to pay another $10-15K to get that type of power normally.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Again, whats the problem?

You have an option you didn’t have before. You bought the car with 300hp. Mercedes offers you the option for 90 more and you’re mad?

Their gas powered 300hp car doesn’t have that option. You’d need to pay another $10-15K to get that type of power normally.

Jesus Christ that's not how its supposed to work... they are intentionally sabotaging your cars engine output to CHARGE you a fee for MORE horsepower!!!
do you know how disgusting that is to a car enthusiast like myself and others here to sell you a car but try to pimp money out of your wallet for horsepower... BMW tried this with the heated seats subscription... :what: you making excuses for them, putting DLC in cars you own!? nikka you retarded??! you sucking that glass dikk??? why you excusing this?

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Jesus Christ that's not how its supposed to work... they are intentionally sabotaging your cars engine output to CHARGE you a fee for MORE horsepower!!!
do you know how disgusting that is to a car enthusiast like myself and others here to sell you a car but try to pimp money out of your wallet for horsepower... BMW tried this with the heated seats subscription... :what: you making excuses for them, putting DLC in cars you own!? nikka you retarded??! you sucking that glass dikk??? why you excusing this?
Incorrect. The motor’s output isn’t “intentionally sabotaged”. No car comes out of the factory making the peak horsepower possible.

I’m a car enthusiast as well breh. I’ve had 12 cars and have a Mustang Bullitt now.

Actually, Ford is a good example. A base Mustang GT with 460hp usually goes for the low 40’s. If you want more power from the same exact engine, you have to step up to the Mach 1 which has 480hp and costs $10K+ more. On a standard 5 year loan, that’s $200/month in payment.

Last edited:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Incorrect. The motor’s output isn’t “intentionally sabotaged”. No car comes out of the factory making the peak horsepower possible.

I’m a car enthusiast as well breh. I’ve had 12 cars and have a Mustang Bullitt now.

Actually, Ford is a good example. A base Mustang GT with 460hp usually goes for the low 40’s. If you want more power from the same exact engine, you have to step up to the Mach 1 which has 480hp and costs $10K+ more. On a standard 5 year loan, that’s $200/month in payment.

OR you can add on parts to make your engine output more HP...:stopitslime: these companies are putting limiters on the engine and charging you to unlock them like DLC....LIKE I JUST SAID... :comeon: