mental health and race: the amount of leeway given to whites compared to blacks when....

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
no need to apologize, just educate yourself. ask questions, shyt you can ask me if you want, not that i can answer all of them. just dont repeat shyt about sensitive issues you've got no idea about. if you're in NYC, you're in the new jerusalem, you dont lack for any resources on that particular issue.
Okay cool. I will.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
Wait a sec aren't u that guy from NYC originally from Pittsburg trying to get your t shirt line poppin?
Deadass my nikka.

Already did a pop up shop back in september for my clothing line in Manhattan during NYFW. The professional peak I needed and wanted and couldnt believe it when it came.

BTW...i got to give you a shoutout on the photography i am legit proud of you dude for making as far as you have with it now. Still follow you on tumblr man. I can't believe how big of strides you made and thats why i hold you in high regard as a poster regardless of what differences we may have.

:salute:I salute you and hope you continue to see success and much acclaim breh.

ridedolo

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
stay up OP. from the interaction we've had it seems like growing up around white people did a number on your psyche like it does most black people. difference is you're not afraid to speak out about your struggles, and i respect you for it.
Blacks have been historically criminalized and you're right, they never address mental health issues in the black community.
In fact, I think most black people suffer from post traumatic slave syndrome tbh.

stop apologizing to these racist as white people. they'll never be able to relate to you or offer any practical advice. keep doing what you do and seek out like minded people. your passion is not a flaw, just sometimes a little misguided.

-G$-

...fresh outta fux...
Supporter
Daps
Lol. I am.

Also @ocmfII forget about the bullshyt attitude i was putting on you. You cool i am sooooooooo sorry man. This wasnt the time nor place for that. I apologize greatly.

Lets all get along. No homo. Pause.

All good creh

Paradise50

Superstar
Daps
Black community is pretty ignorant when it comes to mental health as is.

Hard for me to blame whites folks on this one when black families be in denial about a loved one with mental issues

you tell someone you're depressed and you'll get the "it's the devil" or "man up" treatment

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
@philmonroe why did you one star this thread?

:patrice:

In fact you seem to have some sort of issue with my threads on mental health as it relates to black people in white society. Like my other thread about being black in a predominantly white town/city/area being mentally and physifally damaging.

What is it about those subjects that you dont like? I mean, if you are black you can't pretend like that isnt a big issue. I personally like making threads about black people and mental health because it isnt discussed much and I figured since this board has a predominantly black (regular) userbase that the conversation would be welcome.

I just think that's kind of...weird. thats all. Whats wrong with talking about how much of a toll this society takes on the black mind and how double standards between whites and black can create situations where black people are either misdiagnosed or not diagnosed at all?
Why do you care if I one starred the thread? Also stop with the hoe like shyt of since I one starred your thread I have a problem with "black" issues stuff. Don't come with that hoe like stuff nikka because that's what it is. That's like me saying I don't like one girl then the chick go say I don't like all girls when its specifically that one that's the focus of something. Aka its you not all blacks so stop looking for sympathy from others like you some teenage chick.

The answer is you and a few others post to many threads that's repetitive junk and seems you looking for attention since you checking star rankings so I decided to give you some just not the kind you wanted. Any other questions?