• Boyz n the Hood

Votes: 24 32.9%
  • Juice

Votes: 9 12.3%

• Total voters

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
Juice reminded me of myself and my dumb ass friends lol. We just wasn't that stupid to be out here killing folks. Love all 3 but Juice jumped to my number 1. Menace 2 Boys 3.

Yehuda

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Boyz n the Hood's the best movie but Menace II Society had the best soundtrack.

martin payne

All Star
Daps
Reppin
los angeles
im rollin with menace but every scene with ferris in BNTH always have me :dead:

tiny red hyundai :dead:
nikka pulled an uzi outta his trunk :dead: (ricky retrieving his bag of doritos :dead:)
"these my fries" :dead:

Daps
Juice had the most excitement, but as a movie boyz in the hood had it all & it hit on more issues within the black community than any of the other two movies.

87 others

Superstar
Daps
Menace >>>>>>>>>>>

That shyt was just too gritty and real. That movie made you feel uncomfortable with how real that shyt was. Both BITH and Juice felt kind of cartoony to me. Menace didn't have none of that "coming of age" extra bullshyt. Just straight raw.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Menace >>>>>>>>>>>

That shyt was just too gritty and real. That movie made you feel uncomfortable with how real that shyt was. Both BITH and Juice felt kind of cartoony to me. Menace didn't have none of that "coming of age" extra bullshyt. Just straight raw.
Yes it did. Caine's entire story was coming of age, trying to "get out the hood" with Stacy or move to Atlanta with Ronnie.

He had people literally preaching at him the entire movie, and I do mean literally in the form of Shareef and his father, and his grandfather preaching about Jesus and asking if he cared about living or dying. Plus Pernell and Ronnie were preaching for him to change too.

And he "came of age" by agreeing with them and deciding to move out the hood.

Last edited:

87 others

Superstar
Daps
Yes it did. Caine's entire story was coming of age, trying to "get out the hood" with Stacy or move to Atlanta with Ronnie.

He had people literally preaching at him the entire movie, and I do mean literally in the form of Shareef and his father, and his grandfather preaching about Jesus and asking if he cared about living or dying. Plus Pernell and Ronnie were preaching for him to change too.

And he "came of age" by agreeing with them and deciding to move out the hood.
You're right, but it still came off as a lot more realistic and raw than the other 2 movies.