Men have an expiration date too.... When it comes to a career

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
It's always said that women have an expiration date physically. Which is obviously true

But men have an expiration date when it comes to having a career. I'm not talking about men who already have a career and looking to expand on it or improve it. I'm talking about STARTING a career. The older you get, the more harder it is to begin a career and make good money for yourself

Whenever I hear an older person say, "Oh you're young, you got time", I hit em with the :camby:. nikkas is lying B. Time is ticking brehs. You don't want to be in your mid 30s in a dead end job then all of a sudden trying to be a Lawyer

Success takes time. And when you hit like 35, you have less and less time to "explore" because your responsibilities increase. When you start something fresh you got those 3-5 years of learning/gaining experience stages, where most likely you're not making the most money. Assuming you got a wife and kids by that time, you sure they gonna be ok with you tryna make it? :ld:

I'm tryna be a boring as fukk no life person now, so I can reap the benefits later :whew:

AB Ziggy

Banned
Daps
It's not really true. I can't say for men but women can go through this as well.

My mom was a lawyer for almost 10 years back in Ghana.

Once she got to America, she found that her law degree was practically worthless and barely got a position paying $50k, she was already in her early 30s by this time.

She decided to switch careers and become a nurse which is much more lucrative(especially in NYC). Went through a nursing program in 4 years and finally became an RN and got a job at the largest hospital in the Bronx(still works there today) Got her masters 5 years later to become a licensed NP and now finishing her PhD at age 54.

In both her masters and PhD programs, most of her classmates were 20 years younger than her.

Last edited:

Marezzy

RIP my Nikka Zooboomafo 🕊️11-20-2014🕊️
Daps
Reppin
Dallas,Tx
You right breh. Your absolutely right.
mal-just-shut-up.gif

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
Which is a good reason to do the shyt you feel like you want to do now
No matter what it is because people also take you less seriously the older you are but the less experienced you are in something

Bonk

God’s Son
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
In Da 15th
Facts.

The older you get, the more the responsibilities you get engulfed with as a man...thus making concentration much more difficult because the expectations are higher. And when kids get involved, things just get much more complicated.

So it's always better to make hay while the sun shines and when you're younger/sharper, with less responsibilities.

AB Ziggy

Banned
Daps
No lies told OP. Couple this with the fact that some jobs be on that age discrimination tip (the IT field is the biggest offender) and you gonna find yourself hemmed up at 35 trying to find a new gig.

This 100%^^^^^

My older brother had an internship at Jets.com(now owned by Walmart) a couple years ago, he told me most of the employees were around their mid-late 20s to around mid 30s. One of the senior managers told him in secret for future career advice these exactly words "it's great that you're preparing your career moves this early in your life, if you had applied here even a couple years after college, we would've looked at you a little differently".

That shook my brother to the core but it did answes his questions why there was rarely any elder employees outside the higher ups with years of experience at the headquarters.

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
No lies told OP. Couple this with the fact that some jobs be on that age discrimination tip (the IT field is the biggest offender) and you gonna find yourself hemmed up at 35 trying to find a new gig.

age and also race ! had a interview in January 2017, went on linkedin to look up the interviews, fukking CAC had a associate's degree and was the regional IT director, i think he was 29 or 30.
fukk that shyt man, im building myself to make money for my self, working for somebody will just be extra money

brothers gotta worry about lay off too

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
It's always said that women have an expiration date physically. Which is obviously true

But men have an expiration date when it comes to having a career. I'm not talking about men who already have a career and looking to expand on it or improve it. I'm talking about STARTING a career. The older you get, the more harder it is to begin a career and make good money for yourself

Whenever I hear an older person say, "Oh you're young, you got time", I hit em with the :camby:. nikkas is lying B. Time is ticking brehs. You don't want to be in your mid 30s in a dead end job then all of a sudden trying to be a Lawyer

Success takes time. And when you hit like 35, you have less and less time to "explore" because your responsibilities increase. When you start something fresh you got those 3-5 years of learning/gaining experience stages, where most likely you're not making the most money. Assuming you got a wife and kids by that time, you sure they gonna be ok with you tryna make it? :ld:

I'm tryna be a boring as fukk no life person now, so I can reap the benefits later :whew:
Lol.

I work with a woman who went back to school to become a RN in her 50’s.

Kids it’s never too late, don’t listen to this thread.

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This the realization I came to, and its why I got my cert the other day, and am currently studying for more. I turn 30 in a few days...I am making less at my
current job than I did at my last 3:francis:Time to man up, start this IT shyt, and go hard on learning all I can. I wanna buy a house and shyt, and you can't do that

at $12 an hour.