Meet the "Super Commuter" who commutes from Charlotte NC to NYC

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps
I respect it because she's doing what she has to do and makes it work. She will eventually burn out though. We need high-speed rail throughout the country. I swear this country will never reach it's potential smh.

NoMoreWhiteWoman2020

RIP Kobe, the best
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CTE
What’s the point of paying $1000 less in NC for maybe double the space that you’re not even occupying 4-5 days/week? That’s a goofy ass tradeoff, especially when she can find a cut in PA, DE, even CT and be closer for likely the same price as NC
I would rather make 2 4 hours trips a week than a daily commute that could be 2 hours a day.

The only affordable spot in CT that’s close and reasonable with traffic is up Danbury way. Nowhere along 95 is worth it and it’s very overpriced. The closest in PA is Easton and Allentown and Scranton and those are still a hop skip and a jump from NYC.

You would do better just going to Rockland County NY

The Half-Blood FKA Prince

Avada Kedavbreh!
Daps
I am sure NY hairdresser pay is a great deal more than what she may get in NC.
Fair point. Thats still a long ass drive but i guess it must be worth it. If u factor the time/cost of commute and still doing better than working locally i guess u can consider the drive just another part of the job. :ehh:

It should never have to come down to that just to make ends meet though. WOAT "first world nation" in the world :trash:

skylove4

Veteran
Daps
The fly jock laughs at that. Before syndication Tom Joyner used to fly from Chicago to Dallas on weekdays.
Well he was making millions or at least a hell of a lot more than a hairdresser unless she’s a stylist to the stars or some shyt. Unless you’re making crazy crazy money this is dumb as shyt:yeshrug: