Meek Mill Explains His Lack Of Output, Confirms 4 Upcoming Albums

Tommy Sheppard

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Flopped but was able to release albums each of the 3 following years…?

The whole discussion is who can put an album out and who can’t. If you think Meek can put an album out to right but just doesn’t want to, I dunno what to tell you
sounds like he had to fulfill his duties as a solo artist on his label, who you think will sell out a show faster meek or tity boi?

Finesse

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Gotham
Lol at a rapper doing gold-platinum, 100k first week with little label promo being dropped. These people won’t drop you until they squeezed the last dime out of you.

This is all fine and well. But still they let Meek go :heh:

Shoot they let Kodak Black and NBA Youngboy go as well. Its jus that those two were quickly scooped up by other labels.

That was the issue with PNB Rock (RIP) as well. Atlantic dropped him and he was still moving out here forgetting the fact that he was stIll perceived as a famous major label mainstream rapper even tho he wasnt anymore.

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
This is all fine and well. But still they let Meek go :heh:

Shoot they let Kodak Black and NBA Youngboy go as well. Its jus that those two were quickly scooped up by other labels.

That was the issue with PNB Rock (RIP) as well. Atlantic dropped him and he was still moving out here forgetting the fact that he was stIll perceived as a famous major label mainstream rapper even tho he wasnt anymore.
They didn't drop NBA and Kodak, NBA and Kodak dropped them when their contracts were up :dahell:

That's like saying Chicago dropped Jordan, Def Jam dropped Jay-z

Finesse

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Gotham
They didn't drop NBA and Kodak, NBA and Kodak dropped them when their contracts were up :dahell:

That's like saying Chicago dropped Jordan, Def Jam dropped Jay-z

Kodak and NBA wanted to renegotiate their contracts. Atlantic wasn't feeling the amount they were asking. Tol em to kick rocks.

Kodak Black has found a new label home, months after asking Atlantic Records to renegotiate his deal to put him on par with NBA YoungBoy.

Recording agreements are typically structured so that an artist is required to deliver a certain amount of music during an initial contract period. Labels can then usually choose to pick up an “option” (they have a set amount of months to mull over the decision), which triggers the release of another advance payment and recording budget for the artist to put towards the next project for that company. If the label decides not to pick up the option, it ends its relationship with the artist.

If they doing that for their big dogs. Imagine what they did for Meek :mjlol:

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Handling business = begging the label to clear a runway for my album release.

He’s pushin 40 soon and outside of Dreams & Nightmares he doesn’t have a memorable catalogue to be a legacy act.

Not tryna be a dikk but I can’t see many people under 30 getting excited about a meek album, let alone 4 of em
Meek is absolutely a legacy act

Womb Raider

movin' thru the city streets
Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
4 albums of Meek :gladbron::gladbron::gladbron::gladbron:

Idk why coli brehs love to hate Meek so much…yeah he a cornball but if he can drop albums on the same page as Expensive Pain I’m IN. You hating ass out of touch nikkas can listen to your Canibus but I’ll be tuned tf in :wow:

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Kodak and NBA wanted to renegotiate their contracts. Atlantic wasn't feeling the amount they were asking. Tol em to kick rocks.

If they doing that for their big dogs. Imagine what they did for Meek :mjlol:
I dont know what you are talking about. You are making it seem like Atlantic didn’t offer NBA 60ms and he told them that the price of the sig went up. They both joined, bigger and richer Universal for more money and freedom. For some reason you are very determined to twist it into sounding like the crackers told the blacks to kick rocks, I wonder why :jbhmm:

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
This nikka sais he was doing a mixtape a month like half a year ago smh nikka aint go no drive.