Meek Mill Explains His Lack Of Output, Confirms 4 Upcoming Albums

Street Knowledge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Meek Mill says that he’s been “handling the business,” and hasn’t been able to drop music for a bit. However, while posting about the situation on Twitter, he also confirmed that he’s got four separate albums in the works.

“If I ain’t drop music it’s a reason I’m handling the business,” he wrote. “We not shinning shoes to look the famous and feel the biggest for a label … and I’m not selling my shyt like it’s mid… the game watered down y’all overhyped everything now it’s a drought.”

In a follow-up post, he added: “I’m giving up 4 albums chilllllllll. Switchie flow…. Ima crack the code seriously and say it b4 I do it lol.” Meek hasn’t released an album since his fifth studio album, Expensive Pain, which he dropped back in 2021. The 36-year-old previously teased having two new albums in store for fans during a post on Twitter, just last week. He explained that he’s got one collaborative project with Vory and another that is more of a group effort.

JetFueledThoughts

Superstar
Daps
Handling business = begging the label to clear a runway for my album release.

He’s pushin 40 soon and outside of Dreams & Nightmares he doesn’t have a memorable catalogue to be a legacy act.

Not tryna be a dikk but I can’t see many people under 30 getting excited about a meek album, let alone 4 of em

Tommy Sheppard

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

He’s pushin 40 soon and outside of Dreams & Nightmares he doesn’t have a memorable catalogue to be a legacy act.

Not tryna be a dikk but I can’t see many people under 30 getting excited about a meek album, let alone 4 of em
What qualifies as a memorable catalogue?

360dagod

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SAN ANTONIO SPURS NY DIVISION

I think your highly underestimating his catalog and I'm never really followed him

JetFueledThoughts

Superstar
Daps
What qualifies as a memorable catalogue?

Drake, Kendrick, J Cole, Future, 2 Chainz a few off the top of my head.

I’d put Meek Mill closer to Wale, Big Sean, A$AP, etc, maybe you can qualify em as memorable catologues, idk everyone’s definition is different.

But what I’m saying is the first group can get their label to roll out the carpet for an album release if they wanted to right now. The second group has to wait their turn a little more.

A Tribe Called Quest ™

Make Em Say Ughh ... Silk da Shocker
Daps
Reppin
Chiraq
Drake, Kendrick, J Cole, Future, 2 Chainz a few off the top of my head.

I’d put Meek Mill closer to Wale, Big Sean, A$AP, etc, maybe you can qualify em as memorable catologues, idk everyone’s definition is different.

But what I’m saying is the first group can get their label to roll out the carpet for an album release if they wanted to right now. The second group has to wait their turn a little more.
Rocky has to wait but not Chainz lol?

JetFueledThoughts

Superstar
Daps
Rocky has to wait but not Chainz lol?

Well let’s see Chainz has dropped an album every year (besides 2018) since 2016 including a crew album in 2020 for T.R.U.

Rocky had his debut in 2013, At Long Last 2015 and Testing in 2018. Hasn’t had an album in about 5 years.

Maybe he just doesn’t have interest in releasing full length albums, which I wouldn’t blame him for…. But I’ve been waiting on his next album for a minute.

This was 6 months ago… hopefully it comes out this year

A Tribe Called Quest ™

Make Em Say Ughh ... Silk da Shocker
Daps
Reppin
Chiraq
Well let’s see Chainz has dropped an album every year (besides 2018) since 2016 including a crew album in 2020 for T.R.U.

Rocky had his debut in 2013, At Long Last 2015 and Testing in 2018. Hasn’t had an album in about 5 years.

Maybe he just doesn’t have interest in releasing full length albums, which I wouldn’t blame him for…. But I’ve been waiting on his next album for a minute.

This was 6 months ago… hopefully it comes out this year

Rocky can drop whenever he wants lol, I bet his label begs him too. He just don’t care