Meek Mill Compares War in The Middle East to Living in Philly

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
I hate when rappers period compare the hoods rather in la, ny, Detroit, Miami, New Orleans, etc... to shyt in the Middle East and parts of Africa

u don’t have rockets, suicide bombers, tanks wiping out entire areas

please young black people and even u old motherfukkers stopped listening to majority of these rappers
nikkas deployed in the military don't have friends/family setting them up to be robbed or killed
nikkas in the military don't have to worry about getting evicted
nikkas in the military don't have to stress about can they afford to buy food for the rest of the week
nikkas in the military don't have their own police treating them like prisoners

It's alot of shyt that both sides have to deal with that the other don't

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
What's the difference though? Have you been to north philly. Plenty of people suffering from PTSD from what they've seen living there.

Welcome to the City of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder | Philadelphia magazine
Yeah I’ve been to North Philly and I disagree with what Meek saying. If you’re not into that life for the most part your going to be ok. The same goes for most places like it too. Not saying you can’t get caught up because we all know some cats don’t care about acting up at times. Like I said earlier though if you’re not into that other life you’re good the vast majority of the time period.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Link to tweet if anyone wants to read the replies:

This tweet isn’t that bad imo once it loaded up. If you’re into that life you probably do feel like that. Somebody I grew up with son just got killed right before Christmas and he wasn’t even the target. So if you’re into that life I can see his point. Most of us aren’t living that life so we don’t see what Meek talking about. Mayb
Not gonna sit here, and say the two are identical, because they're not. To be clear tho, there are similarities. That's in comparison, to the way some ppl are living, and the violence. How bout the predominantly Muslim culture?

Obviously, there's no drones flying thru hoods, leveling blocks (although it looks it, in a shyt-load of spots...)
north-philadelphia-colorful-homes.original-768x432.jpg

57100a774971f.image.jpg

Similar to the Middle East, life is cheap, in many areas around the city. Cats are walkin around wit PTSD or some sort of trauma...similar to vets. Probably worse off, because this is supposed to be HOME. Majority ppl know someone, that been shot, murdered, or harmed with violently (friends, acquaintances, or relatives). Especially, the youth...:scusthov:

Have you even seen the infastructure of areas throughout the city? The state ppl are living in? Traversed back blocks, in areas like Kensington?
Countless
other areas? :huhldup:

Or are you takin blind shots for daps? :sas2:

Regardless, trivialize and downplay black plight, from the comfort of your surroundings....:mjpls:

You know what direction, this is heading right... :sas1:

OKj95iZ.gif
I agree with you but why can’t people have differing opinions without it being some type of MJ please? Also them blocks in Philly slowly but surely getting turned around let’s be real fam. I know you’ve saw cats out here rehabbing them type of jawns and these jawns cheap to buy. I know a few cats doing that.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
If everybody had this much common sense we'd be okay...
The tweet didn’t load up at first but once it did it’s obvious what he was talking about. I’ve always said unlike others that the coli isn’t full of “cacs” and “c00ns” but with differing types of blacks from various backgrounds and that shyt clashes.

HoldThisL

Captain L
Daps
The only comparable things about both is some parts of Philly look like a war zone with how beat up the buildings are. Sad thing is people are still living there.

But I can't speak to how a child would have felt back in the day walking to school in a dangerous hood, wondering if he is gonna die everyday.

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
:manny: He’s not wrong. From the associated press.
43671522761ddbfe4cdf78edb63b7216.403x288x1.jpg

The United States doesn’t just send in Troops to the battle ground. The US does most of its military killings using drones to mitigate risk. While Obama has been criticized harshly for his drone program it probably was a smart move that saved many U.S lives.
really:comeon:

your comparing a city with millions to soldiers that have numbers in tens of thousands that at max only go up to a hundred thousand.

this is some fox news type of posting right here.

Sohh_lifted

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Obviously it's a stretch
If that's how he feels, that's how he feels.

Atleast hes letting these soldiers know that he appreciates them. Alot of them probably know who he is, and this tweet would mean something to them as they get ready for battle.

Lol what?