Meek Mill Compares War in The Middle East to Living in Philly

Bumblebreh

Collecting honey and money
Daps
I’ve never been to either place but 100% sure he’s wrong.

Being in a actual war zone city must be terrifying, the anxiety that your house can be bombed, collateral damage.

What's the difference though? Have you been to north philly. Plenty of people suffering from PTSD from what they've seen living there.

Welcome to the City of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder | Philadelphia magazine

The only similarities would be to experience ptsd from senseless violence. But being in a foreign country and having to deal with the numerous threats.Homesickness and dealing with the physical and the mental ramifications of war.In war anything goes and it just intensifies the experience.

GreenGhxst

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
FBA hairline
giphy.gif

mag357

Superstar
Daps
Meek does and says stupid shyt

Water is wet

I know what he is trying to say... but theres no comparison, no likeness... the levels are different.

What hes saying... is like if a woman who faces domestic violence said something like that

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
The only similarities would be to experience ptsd from senseless violence. But being in a foreign country and having to deal with the numerous threats.Homesickness and dealing with the physical and the mental ramifications of war.In war anything goes and it just intensifies the experience.
I’ve posted on here with what I consider having some form of ptsd while growing up. Seeing a car get shot up and having the people try in run in our house and then jumping in our flower bed. The other as I was walking home after school and while waiting to cross the street this guy pulls up in his car pulls out a gun and starts shooting in the air ten feet away from me, I think that one was the icing on the cake.

I was about 2 blocks away from home but whatever reason I ran back to the school and waited until it almost got dark and ran straight home. What’s a trip is I ran in pockets, when I would turn a corner or come to a intersection I would creep slowly like if I was trying to spot the enemy lol.

I work in the medical field and I’ve seen people who have ptsd from the war and it’s totally on a different level with them. They have nightmares and have trouble sleeping, some have trouble functioning. So now I do question my self diagnosis of ptsd.

Daps
Reppin
WestMidWest
Exactly...
do folks understand that US soldiers can't engage the enemy until they attack, even though the enemy might be right at the corner chilling

Understand how nerve racking it is that you need to follow rules that the next nikkas don't have to with the chance of gun play

Barlow

He,Him,Nigguh
Daps
I mean, you don’t get a Dodge Charger and a free education for being in the ghetto :yeshrug:

most of them military people don’t be doin shyt anyway

losing people, being shot at, having your home invaded/shot at, police harassment etc... happens everyday in the hood

people damn sure ain’t signing up to go live in a philly bando cuz they couldn’t pass high school

AntLive1981

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia,Pa
Meek gotta be talking about nikkas in the streets not just the average citizen in Philadelphia. I live in Philly, granted shyt happens all over the city everyday, but this shyt ain’t nothing like no Iraq or Iran or whatever! It’s all a matter of how you live and the things that you do on a daily basis. If you ain’t in the streets, you get up and go to work everyday, stay out the way and take care of your family you good! The way Meek be talking you’d think nikkas is dying on every corner in Philly!

Stick Up Kid

Veteran
WOAT
Daps
Reppin
Newark NJ
US troops? Nah just the usual Shia and sunni killing eachother, try again. :mjlol:

Civilians dummy.

6,000 US Troops died out of 80k troops in 2003-2005
854 murders in Philly from 2003-2005 in a city of 1.6M

Iraq war had 1.6 Trillion in damages
700k dead
averaged 540 killings per day
Philly averages 2 murders per day

You either a troll or a complete imbecile that gets his news from memes on FB :francis:

Barlow

He,Him,Nigguh
Daps
Civilians dummy.

6,000 US Troops died out of 80k troops in 2003-2005
854 murders in Philly from 2003-2005 in a city of 1.6M

Iraq war had 1.6 Trillion in damages
700k dead
averaged 540 killings per day
Philly averages 2 murders per day

You either a troll or a complete imbecile that gets his news from memes on FB :francis:
Where did you get that stat from because on here it says 4400 died between 03 and 2010

Iraq war in figures

also where did you get that there were 80k troops?

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
:manny: He’s not wrong. From the associated press.
43671522761ddbfe4cdf78edb63b7216.403x288x1.jpg

The United States doesn’t just send in Troops to the battle ground. The US does most of its military killings using drones to mitigate risk. While Obama has been criticized harshly for his drone program it probably was a smart move that saved many U.S lives.

Last edited: