Meccapolis Top 100 NY Hip Hop Albums List (Full List In OP)

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
Looked at the full list again: :mjlol:

This definitely a list from someone that didn't know much about the late 80s and early 90s.

ab67616d0000b2731bd94d5c7a44b98db8cce564

This not a top 100 album?:dead:

But WSG has 2 albums and Pop Smoke has an album in the list.

:dead:

Don Jesus

All Star
Daps
Looked at the full list again: :mjlol:

This definitely a list from someone that didn't know much about the late 80s and early 90s.

ab67616d0000b2731bd94d5c7a44b98db8cce564

This not a top 100 album?:dead:

But WSG has 2 albums and Pop Smoke has an album in the list.

:dead:

The list says “NY Hip Hop Albums”. Poor Righteous Teachers is from New Jersey. You need to learn how to read

LiveFromLondon

Superstar
Daps
Tip mixed the whole album.

Those are his drums too. He gave Havoc his drum kits for a lot of those tracks. So joints like "Q.U. Hectic" and "Survival of the Fittest", all produced by Hav, but he was using Tip's kits. That's when the album turned around. Matt and Schott are my OG's, so I had the advance copy before Tip changed everything. Both versions are like night and day. He really made this album what it is today.

Not taking anything away from Havoc, that's my 3rd favorite producer ever...but his production never sounded like it did on The Infamous and I always attributed that to Tip.

That's not a diss, if anything it makes Hav more impressive because I think HOE is him really digging into his own bag and the result is incredible.

Yeah, I kinda always looked at The Infamous as being a Tip & Havoc thing.

Because Tip really oversaw that project. Havoc had all the right ideas, and he gave Tip the basis for those tracks, but Tip took them and turned them into some other sh*t and really kicked everything up to the next level. But I think Hav watched all of that and learned. Dude was mentored by Large Professor, Tip and Premier, when he was still a teenager, lol. So I think that's why HOE worked so nicely. He had been around GOAT's forever.
:ohhh:knew Q-Tip produced on the album but didn't know he had this much input, as I could never quite put the finger on why Infamous and Hell On Earth sound so different but it makes sense now. Trife Life and More Trife Life exemplify this difference well actually. This revelation actually means a lot to me:wow:Both albums could be looked at as Godfather 1 and 2:wow:

Sonic Boom of the South

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The list says “NY Hip Hop Albums”. Poor Righteous Teachers is from New Jersey. You need to learn how to read

Regardless the list trash as fukk!

This is another album that is top 100 and better than the 1st album they had.

The fact there is 2 WSG albums on the list and Pop Smoke fukking hilarious. :mjlol:

ab67616d0000b27338b79fa9b89562d5828b4622

Don Jesus

All Star
Daps
Regardless the list trash as fukk!

This is another album that is top 100 and better than the 1st album they had.

The fact there is 2 WSG albums on the list and Pop Smoke fukking hilarious. :mjlol:

ab67616d0000b27338b79fa9b89562d5828b4622

those Westside Gunn albums and Pop Smoke albums were statements of their time. You’re an oldhead and who isn’t tapped in. Grown man who can’t even read that it says “Ny Hip Hop” and you think your opinion matters

Sonic Boom of the South

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
those Westside Gunn albums and Pop Smoke albums were statements of their time. You’re an oldhead and who isn’t tapped in. Grown man who can’t even read that it says “Ny Hip Hop” and you think your opinion matters
"Statements" :dead:

Man GTFOH.

shyt is about if the album great or not.

I would take Stove God album over all 3 of those albums.

The fact you have the Ruff Ryders compliation on here says even more how trash this list is. U mad? so the fukk what Pablo.:umad:

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
New Yorkers taking a list from an out of towner seriously ?? interesting.
I seen someone say he's not even from the city he's from DC

not mad at The Infamous being number uno though.

Heavy_Handz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Son, I got plans, power movements, get on some rude shyt
I keep livin' like this, I might lose it
My man's comin' home from doin' long-ass bids
What up, Kiko? I ain't seen your ass since we was kids
It's all strange; my nikkas locked down thinkin' long range
And see their names in the Daily News, third page
They sent a kite to my nikka Killa
It only took one sword to put seven holes in his squealer
A 3-to-9 spendin' most of his time inside the bing
Reclined, and still came home with his shine

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Calling The Infamous "unapologetically raw" but saying Illmatic was carefully crafted by A&Rs is insane behavior that makes me question your NY card. Everyone thought Ilmatic/Nas was the rawest shyt they had heard in 1993/1994. If you want to say the aesthetic of The Infamous fits your preference for the late 90s/early 00s era that came afterwards just say that. The weird attacks on Illmatic make no fukking sense. I can't even call this white boy shyt because you can't even find white boys doing this type of weirdo shyt.

Once again, finding a concept or opinion "tired/old" does not negate something, logically. I have no real problem with your #1 even if I disagree but your reasoning is trash.

Don Jesus

All Star
Daps
Calling The Infamous "unapologetically raw" but saying Illmatic was carefully crafted by A&Rs is insane behavior that makes me question your NY card. Everyone thought Ilmatic/Nas was the rawest shyt they had heard in 1993/1994. If you want to say the aesthetic of The Infamous fits your preference for the late 90s/early 00s era that came afterwards just say that. The weird attacks on Illmatic make no fukking sense. I can't even call this white boy shyt because you can't even find white boys doing this type of weirdo shyt.

Once again, finding a concept or opinion "tired/old" does not negate something, logically. I have no real problem with your #1 even if I disagree but your reasoning is trash.

You’re trying too hard

Illmatic is a classic

But infamous was rawer and more unapologetic

You calling that an attack is why people call Nas stans annoying