Meccapolis Top 100 New York Rappers List

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Ehhh I mean Recognize & Realize always sounded like a rough demo of Can't Get Enough of it to me.

Episodes of a Hustla is a solid lil 3.5-4 mic EP to me, nothing to warrant a classic label
Are we talking about the Recognize and Realize that was a Sure Shot single in the Source (as was Usual Suspect) and a mainstay on Clue tapes?

No one, in real time, thought it was a throwaway. No one in real time thought Noyd wasn’t nice on the mic. He just never made it past the underground circuit and the album dropped with zero promotion.

You’re entitled to your opinion of course, it just doesn’t match up with the objective evidence in real time.

LiveFromLondon

Superstar
Daps
This list is about 20 degrees above and slightly to the right of Complex and Rolling Stones own lists. Basically it tried really well, but some crazy omissions and rankings lets it down

ADP

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nas had all that going for him as well. What are you talking about? lol

im saying thats the only way Rae is above Ghost for example. Or Rakim above Nas, if you consider them both exceptional mcs you can put one in front of the other by "street cred", where Nas doesnt really register compared to the ultimate hustler Jigga Man.

Anyway thats just how i look at the list, feel a lot of the rankings are connected to what the ig page usually does: street and flyness

Daps
im saying thats the only way Rae is above Ghost for example. Or Rakim above Nas, if you consider them both exceptional mcs you can put one in front of the other by "street cred", where Nas doesnt really register compared to the ultimate hustler Jigga Man.

Anyway thats just how i look at the list, feel a lot of the rankings are connected to what the ig page usually does: street and flyness

Based on where Nas is from & who he was with the last thing on anyone’s mind would be to short change him based on that

ADP

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Based on where Nas is from & who he was with the last thing on anyone’s mind would be to short change him based on that

Ill let you cook but Nas street dealings were put into question more than once during his career, Jay was ALWAYS certified. If you wanna disagree thats cool...

Daps
Ill let you cook but Nas street dealings were put into question more than once during his career, Jay was ALWAYS certified. If you wanna disagree thats cool...

Rakim ran around with who he ran with no different than Nas did and they had him at #2. When have you heard of Rakim doing anything to anybody? lol 50 called Jay all kinds of things before. Does that take away from the fact Jay sold drugs? nikkax say anything to make you feel small when it’s time

DraymondT

Superstar
Daps
One criticism I aint seen from the list is I don't get how Banks was ranked at 31 but Hunger For More wasn't even ranked in top 100 NY albums list? That don't make any sense :dahell:

Xtz23

All Star
Daps
Question….would it be crazy to put Lloyd Banks ahead of Jadakiss and Styles P?

I feel that Banks has the best album out of all of them (Hunger For More), a better group album (Beg For Mercy) and his mixtape catalog is strong. I don’t think it’s a crazy thought but fukk it :mjgrin:
Banks solo catalog is way better

Last edited:

bigde09

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There’s an out of towner sensibility to these lists. Rae is nice but the fact that he was even considered to be at the number two spot is crazy. And thinking Nas and Big got their fashion sense from him is absurd. Some real outside looking in sh!t. Lol at a nikka from Brooklyn and a nikka from QB getting their sense of style from Staten Island.
Big was dusty before puff.