Meccapolis Top 100 New York Rappers List

Mike Wins

Superstar
Daps
I appreciate this list more than a hoe ass complex or bum ass bdot, I think they did pretty good. There some odd choices in it but you ain’t never gonna make the purists and old heads happy…just look at the noyd and styles argument going on in here smh. I wouldn’t mind a lil write up or insight on the placement of the top 10, or atleast the top 5.

True. I disagree with plenty but at least they got no bullshyt like you see on Rolling Stone or Complex where they'd have Cardi B and ASAP Rocky in the top 20 :snoop:

ADP

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Personally believe the list was influenced in part by the "street" or "flyness" factor that the ig page revolves around.

Who the street cats wanted to be like and such, everybody is a hustler now a days wanna be Jays, Ra had some ties to that element, even moreso if you add EricB doing the "beats", BIG was coogied down to the socks, Rae was prolly the most connected out of the Wu, P even in heaven is likely in front of some bodega talking conspiracy theories and so on...

That would explain some of the choices and its their list after all, shouldve just tweaked the criteria presented

Cause there is NO WAY IN fukkING HELL Nas is 3rd from NY

Mike Wins

Superstar
Daps
So what we got for some of the biggest snubs? Definitely missing some but a few I seen here and others I thought of

Kool Keith
RZA
Joey Badass
Black Rob
Craig Mack
Shyne
Mic Geronimo
U-God
Masta Killa
Big Noyd :lolbron:

qnsfinest

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
So what we got for some of the biggest snubs? Definitely missing some but a few I seen here and others I thought of

Kool Keith
RZA
Joey Badass
Black Rob
Craig Mack
Shyne
Mic Geronimo
U-God
Masta Killa
Big Noyd :lolbron:
100% ja is the biggest snub. Especially going off the criteria they laid out. He deserves a top 50 spot

Again going off their criteria French montana as well.

Others you didn’t mention
Dave east
Mr cheeks

delnegro

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There’s an out of towner sensibility to these lists. Rae is nice but the fact that he was even considered to be at the number two spot is crazy. And thinking Nas and Big got their fashion sense from him is absurd. Some real outside looking in sh!t. Lol at a nikka from Brooklyn and a nikka from QB getting their sense of style from Staten Island.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
There’s an out of towner sensibility to these lists. Rae is nice but the fact that he was even considered to be at the number two spot is crazy. And thinking Nas and Big got their fashion sense from him is absurd. Some real outside looking in sh!t. Lol at a nikka from Brooklyn and a nikka from QB getting their sense of style from Staten Island.

The lists are just bad bro. And the reasonings and explanations are even more bizarre.

Daps
Personally believe the list was influenced in part by the "street" or "flyness" factor that the ig page revolves around.

Who the street cats wanted to be like and such, everybody is a hustler now a days wanna be Jays, Ra had some ties to that element, even moreso if you add EricB doing the "beats", BIG was coogied down to the socks, Rae was prolly the most connected out of the Wu, P even in heaven is likely in front of some bodega talking conspiracy theories and so on...

That would explain some of the choices and its their list after all, shouldve just tweaked the criteria presented

Cause there is NO WAY IN fukkING HELL Nas is 3rd from NY

Nas had all that going for him as well. What are you talking about? lol

Daps
No Mr Cheeks
No Ja
No Jim Jones

Fab over Nicki

Papoose on the list

Aside from that great job!

Last edited: