prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Nasty work but probably better than the previous 5 years

Griselda from Buffalo so I don’t even if it counts

Roc or East not even runners up and they from the city

It’s all kinda fukked up when people can’t even get runner up and might be bigger than some of the nominees each year

pez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
Nas wasn't making club records he made records for the streets. DMX had songs for the streets too like Stop Being Greedy and nikkaz Done Started Something but he had them club records with Get At Me Dog and Ruff Ryders Anthem along with the radio joint for the ladies with How's It Going Down. Nas didn't do songs for the ladies. Jay had Can I Get A and Money Cash Hoes. Then Ja Rule came with Holla Holla. Nas saw the club record wave and tried to jump on it with You Owe Me but that was by album 4 and wasn't Nas' lane.
Nas basically stepped back out of the limelight after Nastradamus. He said it himself on records. His Mom got sick and he was basically feeling like aging out of being in the clubs (I can relate). He came back for Stillmatic and his Moms passed and he put out God Son which is the real album he wanted to make.

• Dap
Reactions: 907

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
A.L.L.A was not an “experimental “ album

That was testing which was like 2-3 years later

That alla album was right after yams died ..and people still fukked with rocky heavy musically

The next album was where people kinda gave up on him
Which is a shame because Testing is a great album: it’s the classic people didn’t get it(including me) when it came out but it has a mega hit and really good b sides

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
From the IG comments. Which one of yall is this 👀😂

Theres a couple of folks asking that

I get younger folks or the masses werent bumping those albums...but they werent playing a lot of these dudes either

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Theres a couple of folks asking that

I get younger folks or the masses werent bumping those albums...but they werent playing a lot of these dudes either
Yea I saw.

I take KONY as hottest in the city. Some of those years the artists presented had undeniable motion and or hits. Part of that motion comes from being new to the scene/young.

Can’t really be compared to a vet who drops a great album.

Kliq_Souf

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
WOL
Somebody from Jersey would have more claim to this list than someone from Buffalo
:mjlol:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Which is a shame because Testing is a great album: it’s the classic people didn’t get it(including me) when it came out but it has a mega hit and really good b sides
I disagree with that poster Testing era A$AP was more played than ALLA

That album had Praise the Lord and he also had features with Cardi B and Famous Dex that were hits