Mayor of Kingstown (By Taylor Sheridan on Paramount+) SEASON 3 OUT NOW

President Sakora

Supporter
Daps
No, they were not. They deemed it too dark and vile.
probably too realistic in some ways. they do a lot of truth telling in so far as white american history is concerned....hollywood doesn't like anything that paints some whites as pure evil. Renner's character balances the wickedness with some honorable acts. Also, the give a more truthful representation of law enforcement it's unsavory characters and the outcomes they directly affect. yeah some cops are dirty asf, some criminals aren't horrible people and some prison guards are just as criminal-minded as the people they lock up.

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
I saw one comment from a conservative dude who didn't appreciate how cops were portrayed on the show but like you says it feels balanced. So far they haven't shown any straight up evil cop, just dudes who have a "get it done by any means" attitude and they used that come down on everyone in their way

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Top 3 show of 2021 easily.

Only Succession and Dexter were better.
I gotta finish the past few episodes of Dexter but even that isn't touching this IMO.

The storytelling and direction on this has me hooked. It helps that you don't feel like anyone is safe on this show.

"I told you motherfukker :demonic:"

Could you imagine that being the last thing you hear and see before someone kill you :merchant:

Guard had it coming too :ohlawd:

g-ice

aka #DiamondNightmare
Daps
Reppin
Bronx (Marble Hill), NY
I gotta finish the past few episodes of Dexter but even that isn't touching this IMO.

The storytelling and direction on this has me hooked. It helps that you don't feel like anyone is safe on this show.

Could you imagine that being the last thing you hear and see before someone kill you :merchant:

I respect it nevertheless this show is just incredible.

The last 3 or 4 episodes the tension has amplified seamlessly. :wow:

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
Imo this is the kinda shyt Taylor Sheridan is good at and why I think Yellowstone been lacking a little bit. He's good at translating real world brutality, cold mfers doing cold shyt and everynow and then drop you some philosophy bar. Don't gotta be action all the time but Yellowstone family got too much plot armor last two or so seasons, stakes don't feel real anymore.

President Sakora

Supporter
Daps
I saw one comment from a conservative dude who didn't appreciate how cops were portrayed on the show but like you says it feels balanced. So far they haven't shown any straight up evil cop, just dudes who have a "get it done by any means" attitude and they used that come down on everyone in their way
word. aye don't you find it crazy how there are so many law enforcement programs that show police in this sort of holier than thou way whereas the truth about the profession is it's a subject to corruption as any profession. it's like there purposefully a narrative about cops in North America that does not at all reflect the reality of the profession. case and point, most big city cops are from smaller surrounding cities of the metropolis. In those smaller towns there are little to no non-whites. With that ethnic makeup in those small cities lies, and propaganda about non-whites fester and get promoted and young white males take on the attitude of the racists promoting the lies.

President Sakora

Supporter
Daps

The shyt is kinda absurd when you think about it. Get paid to imprison people who've broken the law, take on a cavalier attitude about breaking the law and conspire with others to break the law. The entitlement of some people in law enforcement is fukking retarded. The power trips they be on is shyt i've only seen in the street when a nikka jump off the porch and get their first hammer (nikkas for some reason develop a god complex where any perceived slight becomes an affront to their very being). On some Cartman 'respect my authoritay' type energy.

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
word. aye don't you find it crazy how there are so many law enforcement programs that show police in this sort of holier than thou way whereas the truth about the profession is it's a subject to corruption as any profession. it's like there purposefully a narrative about cops in North America that does not at all reflect the reality of the profession. case and point, most big city cops are from smaller surrounding cities of the metropolis. In those smaller towns there are little to no non-whites. With that ethnic makeup in those small cities lies, and propaganda about non-whites fester and get promoted and young white males take on the attitude of the racists promoting the lies.

I think I said it in a netflix thread but sad truth is most media is propaganda, especially if it was built in major hollywood studio system. You can do a lot in that box but at the end of the day there are still benefits for portraying certain things in a glamorous light, things like police, the military and so on. You should the actual drudgery and bullshyt and now ppl might be less likely to sign up and support. There been some good cop shows though, been awhile but I remember Southland doing a good job show its bullshyt egos on every side.

Aside from the KKK dudes on the outside and the european dudes the prison guards probably the biggest bad guys this season. That one dude in particular on a power trip. Mike told him shyt was not gonna go the way he wanted, and that the Cops don't really give a fukk...they not in there everyday. You can't big dikk a dude in prison like he got anything left to lose lmao