Mayor Eric Adams on NY violence, "Where are all those who said Black lives matter?"

Henri Christophe

Son Of Afrika
Daps
Reppin
NYC / Royaume d'Haïti
Because he is a Black Man with Power. :yeshrug:

Yup, I notice people get uncomfortable seeing a black man in power just like that thread with the father who kicked his son out for coming home with braids.

nikkas would hate me if I got into power because it would be public executions in the middle of Times Square.

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
It’s the uncomfortable question that we’re never wanting to answer.

Black people need to be more accountable for the violence in our own community.

Edit* BLM is more for police and white supremacy. But shouldn’t be mutually exclusive for inter-racial violence.
What does this mean?

most black people are accountable. What do you expect from regular citizens concerning crime?

Last edited:

Anbesa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
'I thought Black lives mattered?' Mayor Eric Adams slams the activist movement over New York City crime (msn.com)

“If Black lives matter, then the thousands of people I saw on the street when [George] Floyd was murdered should be on the streets right now stating that the lives of these Black children that are dying every night matter,” Adams said. “We can’t be hypocrites.”

“By being consistent with our message. Here is my question that I put out to the city: I thought Black lives mattered. Where are all those who stated Black lives matter?” he asked in response. “Then go do an analysis of who was killed or shot last night. I was up all night speaking to my commanders in the Bronx and Brooklyn. The victims were Black. Many of the shooters were Black.”

"Why are 16, 17, 18-year-olds out on our streets armed with guns at 12:00 or 1:00 a.m.?"

You're the mayor, isn't that your job to figure this shyt out. Why the fukk are you asking an social justice/advocacy group?

THE MACHINE

night owl
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
:mjlol: So hes saying the police are just like criminals running the streets? BLM held sworn officers of the law to a higher standard than criminals, looks like he doesnt.

Violence needs to be addressed.. ANd the deaths of young black men need more national support, but for the 273569875296347526938th time, these are different scenarios.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
'I thought Black lives mattered?' Mayor Eric Adams slams the activist movement over New York City crime (msn.com)

“If Black lives matter, then the thousands of people I saw on the street when [George] Floyd was murdered should be on the streets right now stating that the lives of these Black children that are dying every night matter,” Adams said. “We can’t be hypocrites.”

“By being consistent with our message. Here is my question that I put out to the city: I thought Black lives mattered. Where are all those who stated Black lives matter?” he asked in response. “Then go do an analysis of who was killed or shot last night. I was up all night speaking to my commanders in the Bronx and Brooklyn. The victims were Black. Many of the shooters were Black.”

"Why are 16, 17, 18-year-olds out on our streets armed with guns at 12:00 or 1:00 a.m.?"

What a dumb ass

Black people caught committing crimes get arrested and go to JAIL.

Cops on the other hand get off

That’s why you fukkin moron

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
To a certain extent, he's not wrong tho.

A rather large portion of the locker room has subliminally admitted numerous times to not fukin' with the movement anyway so why trip over his comment :stopitslime:?

Shyt some of y'all say the same shyt (and more) in other threads concerning the issue.
Yes. Dudes parrot so many takes from others, that they're confused about what they've regurgitated on the forum.
Confused about where they stand on issues because they don't think for themselves.

Buzzed Lightyear

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Curbing crime between black people starts at home. We can't stop a cop from being racist so why not hit the city in their pockets?